/ 14 /

- Damiano's pov -

I wake up with a headache. Giorgia is lying next to me sleeping.

I remember she dragged me back to the hotel yesterday after she said she felt bad, and I had no choice but to join her, which made me leave Victoria there all alone with a man who had his hands all over her.

No one has any idea how bad my conscience is. The whole situation could have gone really wrong, and I wasn't there for her as I always am when she needs help. Whether it's serious or just as little as getting a glass from the top shelf.

I know I failed her. Victoria needed me and I saw it in her eyes, but I was weak enough to join Giorgia back.

«Buongiorno bello», Giorgia leans over me and plants a kiss on my forehead.

Bello. I have faint memories of Victoria calling me that yesterday.

My phone is on the beside table. Yesterday when I returned I called Victoria countless times. She's probably tired of me. She never picked up, but I didn't give up until 3 am when I just got straight to voicemail.

Giorgia walks around the room while I lie down to think. Is Victoria okay? Is she lying alone somewhere and need help?

I look down at the clock. 7 am.

While Giorgia is in the shower, I get dressed and leave the room. I need a shower too, but it can wait. I need to find out where Victoria is and if she's safe. My biggest hope is that she's back in her room.

Thomas is walking towards me in the hallway looking like he's about to dive. I laugh a little at the sight.

«Late night yesterday?», I pat him on the back. He looks at me with empty eyes and sigh. «Yes, quite. I lost in poker too»

Poor Thomas has never been good at poker, but Ethan still forces him to join. I'm glad it's not me he's forcing at least. I always lose in games.

«Have you seen Victoria? I did something stupid yesterday and now she doesn't pick up the phone», I bite my lip slightly and wait for Thomas' answer. Either it's good news or it's bad. I don't quite know what to expect.

«No. I'm as worried as you man. I knocked on the door many times, but she didn't answer», he is as scared as me. I can see it in his eyes.

«But what did you do? It must have been something bad since she hasn't returned», Thomas asks.

«Yes, and I have such a bad conscience, but can we take it later? We have to find her», I'm stressed and my voice is shaking. What if we don't find her?

We're going to walk in what we hear a door close at the other end of the hallway. I turn and meet Victoria's eyes at a distance. She's looking incredibly tired. Her hair hangs halfway down in front of her face and the mascara is smeared over her cheeks.

- Back to Victoria's pov -

As I meet Damiano's eyes, I freeze. When I walked towards the hotel, I prayed to God that I wouldn't meet him, but here I stand. Face to face with him.

I'm so angry. Everything about him makes me angry. He stands there smiling as if nothing has happened. How is it even possible to become so selfish? I was sexually harassed, but all he cared about was going home and fucking Giorgia.

Damiano comes walking towards me. His facial expression is now a mixture of angry, scared and sad. All I want is to run from him and never see him again. He hurt me, and this time a lot.

«Where the hell have you been?», his voice is shaking. Wow. When I don't need him to care, he does.

I send him a cold look. I don't know if I'm able to forgive him as I always do after an argument, but this is not just an argument. He left me in dangerous circumstances and now he speaks to me as if I have done something wrong.

«As if you care», I find the keys to my hotel room and place it in the keyhole to unlock the door.

I hurry inside so that he will not come in after me, but he just manages to place his foot in between the cracks. Why is he always so quick?

We meet each other's eyes again and my heart rate rises. Damiano is not angry anymore. He is sad. I get a little hurt by him, but force myself to think about what he did.

«Victoria.. don't be like this. Let me explain», he says, grabbing my hand that hangs down along my slender figure.

I'm laughing a fake laugh. «There is nothing to explain Damiano. I saw what I saw. You chose to leave me with that man. Didn't you?», I sob. My tears are about to overflow.

He stares deep into my eyes. I look away. Seeing him makes me sick and gives me the urge to throw up in his face.

«Giorgia dragged me with her. She didn't feel well and I didn't dare say anything. I'm so weak», he shakes his head. It looks like he's about to cry.

«It's all about her. Always. When have I ever been your first priority? Never, because you're always busy with her. I understand you love her, but think about leaving your best friend when she needs you most? You let me down», now my tears come uncontrollably.

I'm breaking down.

Damiano stands there dumbfounded and looks at me with remorseful eyes. I struggle to breathe, but I pull myself together quickly when I see Thomas and Giorgia standing in the doorway.

«We heard someone crying, so we just thought to check if everything went well here», Giorgia says and hugs Damiano who is still standing completely still.

«Don't pretend to care. If you didn't care that I was about to be raped yesterday, then at least you do not care now», I snap at her.

Thomas stands there with wide eyes. He probably knows nothing about this, so it's no wonder he's shocked.

«Oh, are you hurt because Damiano cares more about his girlfriend than a girl who is hopelessly in love with him? You're too much», she clings to him.

Okay, how does she manage to squeeze in my love for Damiano in this conversation? And how does she know anything about it at all? The only one who knows is Thomas. Damiano has had a suspicion, but I don't know if he still has it.

I look up at Thomas with narrow eyes. Had he told her? Giorgia looks over at me with her hand in front of her mouth. «Didn't he tell you?»

Damiano stares at me. «What are they talking about?», he asks quite confused. I don't know if he is ready to hear it. I don't know if I'm ready to tell, but I guess I have no other choice now.

Giorgia opens her mouth to say something, but I interrupt her. «I'll tell him myself thank you. Can we have some privacy?»

Thomas takes Giorgia out who sends me deadly glances. Honestly, it's me who should send them, and not the other way around.

When they have left, I turn to Damiano, who is still confused. My hands are sweaty. I feel like a 5th grader going to kiss her boyfriend for the first time behind the shed. Only that this is more hard. So much harder.

«Victoria, love, what were they talking about?», his voice is softer than before. It reassures me a little, but when I hit his eye the anxiety creeps back.

I take a deep breath in and out. I can't get away this time. I have to tell him what can change everything. Our friendship can be broken, so can the band. But here I stand, risking everything because of Giorgia. I hate her from the bottom of my heart.

«I'm head over heels in love with you, Damiano. More in love than I first thought»