/ 30 /

I've taken a shower and now I'm sitting in my bed waiting for Damiano to come home. He left a couple of hours ago to talk to Giorgia, and he's not back yet. I'm a little worried, so I decide to send a message to make sure everything's going well.

Sent 5:01 pm
«Hi! Is everything okay? You know how I am. Always gets very worried»
Read 05:03 pm

I wait for a while, but give up when more than 10 minutes have passed. He's probably in the middle of the conversation, I think to myself, although it's very strange of him not to answer.

As usual, I think the worst case scenario. What if he leaves me for her? What if she doesn't accept that it's over?

Before I can think about it anymore, I'm quickly pulled away from my thoughts when Ethan sends me a message saying it's dinner. I put on a light summer dress and walk downstairs.

«Where's Damiano?», Thomas asks as I sit down at the table. I sigh.

«He went to talk to Giorgia many hours ago. I sent a message, but he just read it», I say, putting my hands in front of my face. I think I've never had such a bad feeling in my whole life.

Ethan puts the pizza on the table. It smells so good, but I can't concentrate on the food now that I don't know what Damiano's doing or if he's okay.

«Ah, bella, don't worry. He's probably back soon», Ethan gives me a hug. I dig my face into his shoulder.

I nod, pulls away from the hug and supply myself with one pizza slice to begin with. As I'm about to take a bite, my phone vibrates. I drop the slice and run out into the hallway where I left it.

«Who is it?», Thomas shouts.

To my disappointment, it's just my dad. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to hear from him. «Just my dad. He wonders how we are doing»

I reply to the message and return back to the kitchen.

The rest of the dinner goes as usual. We're talking about the interview we will have in Poland in less than a week. After many days in this house, I look forward to travel again and meeting our fans.

I help Ethan with the dishes as I always do. This time it was actually Thomas' turn, but he just received a call from Mattia with information about the departure.

It's almost 11 pm when I sit down by the pool. Several hours have passed, and I haven't yet received a message from Damiano. I check my phone every minute. The anxiety is starting to grow inside and I'm not longer just worried. I'm scared.

Ethan and Thomas tried to call him many times after dinner, but they only came to voicemail. I knew and still know that something is wrong. I tried to convince them to go outside and look for him, but they thought we should wait a little longer and see if he shows up.

It's getting colder outside and I decide to go to bed. I'm tired, and can't bear to be awake and worry more than necessary. My brain needs rest from all this chaos.

Quietly I go back into the house. Ethan went to bed a few hours ago and Thomas is out with some friends he hasn't seen in a while.

I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. In the mirror, I notice how swollen my eyes are. This day has made me exhausted. If this is how our relationship is going to be, then I don't know what to do. I can't go and constantly be worried when he leaves the house in the future.

As I stand there looking at myself, I hear someone mess around in the hallway. Is Thomas back already? I put down my toothbrush on the edge of the sink and rushes out to check on him. Most likely he's drunk and needs help. It has happened a couple of times in the past.

But it's not Thomas. Bent forward, Damiano stands in front of me with his hands on a dresser so he will not fall and bang his head on the tiles.

My heart rate is rising. I stand looking at him until Damiano lifts his head and notice I'm standing there with an angry expression on my face. He has no idea.

«Where the fuck have you been all day?! Do you have any idea how worried I've been?!», I'm so angry I want to scream, but I try to keep calm considering that Ethan is sleeping in the room next door.

Damiano looks at me with guilty eyes. Something happened between him and Giorgia, because he doesn't get drunk and comes home at this time of day if nothing special has happened.

«Tesoro, let me explain. I'm so sorry. I should have responded to your message, but Giorgia didn't let me», he tries to explain.

I laugh to try to hide how pissed and hurt I am. «So you kept letting her control you even if  you knew I was sitting here at home being terrified about something happened to you», my voice trembles.

After a while I take a deep breath. «You still love her, don't you?», tears running down my cheeks one by one. My hands shake like hell. He stands looking at me with a blank stare.

«How can you even think that thought? Of course I don't. You mean everything to me. I love you, and only you, amore», Damiano places one of his hands at my cheek and gently wipes away the tears.

Then why are you coming home like this if there is nothing bothering you?

I sharpen up. «So why did you drink after you left her apartment?», I take a step back from his touch.

He hesitate for a bit. I understand he doesn't want to talk about this, but he doesn't escape this conversation. I want an answer, and I'll get it.

«Let's go somewhere else so we can talk about this», I say tired and help him out to the sofa in the living room.

-
More dramaaa.