/ 16 /

Two hours later, we land at Copenhagen airport not far from the city. It's raining outside, so we run down the flightstairs and into the airport where we go through another security check.

The maschine beeps on Ethan because he forgot to take off his belt before we got in here. His face is priceless. He looks so damn scared.

When Ethan has been checked and everything is ready, we go out to find the car we have rented. Mattia thinks It's much better that way so we don't have to depend on anyone.

«I want to drive!», I shout and run in front.

«No, absolutely not. Don't you remember the time you were about to kill us all when we decided to drive to Lombardia?», Ethan asks and raises his eyebrows at me.

I was a little unlucky that day. It was bad weather, and I decided to change lanes, but due to all the rain I couldn't see that a car came right behind in the other lane, so we were about to collide. (I don't know how the traffic works in Italy).

«Ethan is right. You're actually a traffic hazard», Mattia snatches the car keys from my hand and sits down in front of the steering wheel.

«It's unfair. Blame it on the rain. Had it not been so bad weather, it wouldn't have happened», I send Ethan and our manager deadly glances.

Damiano stands and laughs at our little discussion. He's so perfect when he laughs. His smile is absolutely amazing, and I doubt that there is a person with straighter teeth than him in Italy. No joke.

I finally give in and let Mattia drive to our hotel.

We have a day off today before we will be interviewed by 'Filtr Danmark' tomorrow. It will be nice to have a relaxing day where we can sleep, eat and do exactly what we want.

Sometimes I forget how wonderful life was before we won Sanremo and Eurovision. Don't get me wrong, I love this life and all of our fans, but at times it gets a little too much.

Mattia turns in front of the hotel. It's large with lots of lights and flowers. Pretty cozy actually, but also a bit fancy.

When he parks the car, we go out and take our suitcases to the reception where we get our keycards.

My room is on the 3rd floor, next to Damiano and Giorgia's. This is going to be some exciting nights, I think as I unpack my suitcase. I realize that I have brought a little too much clothing with me, but it doesn't matter. Better a poor horse than no horse at all.

I fold the last sweater into the closet before I hear my door open and close again. Of course I get paranoid right away and think it's a ghost. Typical me, but maybe not so strange considering that no one can come in here without a keycard.

Carefully I pick up a hanger and hold on tight to it. Not that it's going to save me from anything, but it's better than nothing.

Now I hear steps coming closer. My heart rate is rising. I don't know why I'm so scared, but I still have a fear of burglary after our house in Danmark was robbed when I was there one summer a few years ago. I couldn't sleep for several months afterwards.

Around the corner comes Damiano smiling. When he notice me standing there with the hanger, he bursts out laughing.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

«Why are you standing there with a hanger? Did you think I was going to kill you?», he throws himself into the bed so that some of my clothes fall to the floor.

«Thanks for that», I point down at the clothes, «How the hell did you get in?», I laugh and throw a pillow at him.

«The door was ajar. I thought maybe we could talk now», Damiano sits up and smiles at me.

My nervousness takes over. Even though he told me that he's not mad at me, there is something inside that says that he is not completely satisfied. That's very understandable.

«Yes of course. I would really like to explain if that's okay with you?», I sit down next to him. My body is shaking.

«First, I want to start by saying that I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before, like the time you asked me. I was afraid of how you would react and be rejected. I would probably have been rejected anyway because of Giorgia, but that wasn't what I was most afraid of.

What I was most afraid of was that our friendship would be ruined and that you would have nothing more to do with me. Honestly, that's the worst thing that could have happened to me. After we fucked that night, I had a hope, but quickly realized that it wasn't going to happen. I see that you love Giorgia and I see that she loves you. I will not ruin that»

My tears have started to run down my cheeks a long time ago. It's nice to get it out, but I'm afraid. Afraid that everything will go to hell the second I say something.

Damiano places both his hands on my cheeks and wipes away the tears with his thumbs. I fall into his arms and digs my face into his shoulder. Damiano's arms slide around my waist to keep me up.

«Shhh, it's okay. I'm not mad at you. I'm glad you told me», he says, stroking my hair.

It makes me cry even more. I feel so safe in his arms. I hope I never have to experience losing him because of my stupid emotions that are impossible to control.

«I love you, but only as a friend. You mean everything to me Victoria, so I can't cope with losing you. The fact that we fucked was wrong, but at the same time a little nice. It shows how much we love each other even though our feelings are different.

I love Giorgia and want to marry her. I know it's hard for you. It's hard for me too, but I think the two of us are best suited as friends», Damiano continues to stroke my hair and hold me tight to him.

It feels like my heart is breaking inside. All hope is now gone.