Chapter 8- shane

I prepare myself as I walk up to our front door. Shane will be furious. I know it. After me hanging up on him, and practically ignoring him the entire duration of our case; He'll probably be as angry as ever.

I open the door.

"Shane?" I say hesitantly.

"Hello?"

No answer.

"Are you home."

I hear the floor boards creek, I know he's there 15 seconds before he jumps out at me.

"Listen. I know I was a bit of a bitch but this was my first case and we really needed to get going. I couldn't wait around just because for some unrealistic reason you didn't want me to g-"

My sentence is cut off immediately as he steps out and blocks me.

I gulp.

He's angry.

Definitely very angry.

And it takes me less than a second to notice the knife hes got in his hand.

"I recall you saying I wasn't smart enough. And then you VERY rudely hung up on me after speaking VERY inappropriately. I think you deserve a little lesson."

I sigh recalling our last conversation. And step back as he moves towards me.

**
''Its not just some FBI unit Shane. But you're not smart enough to recognize that. I'm leaving. I'll be gone for a couple days, we're heading out to Chicago. I'll be back eventually.''

''DID YOU JUST SAY I WAS NOT SMART? AND YOU'RE LEAVING? THIS BETTER NOT BE SOME TRICK TO RUN AWAY. YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME. '' He giggles.

''JUST REMEMBER LYDIA, THE LONGER YOU STAY AWAY FROM ME, THE WORSE IT'll BE WHEN YOU COME HOME.''

''Fuck you.''

**
I definitely shouldn't have been as risky in the way I talked to him. I mentally slap myself. Im so stupid.

He comes towards me with the knife and points the tip of it right above my eye, less than a centimetre away.

"Please Shane. I have work tomorrow. They'll see." I whisper.

And again mentally slap myself for being so pitiful.

He chuckles.

"Since you're the one who's sooo smart, you should be able to come up with an excuse." He hisses.

I whimper when he applies pressure.

And I shake a little as I feel blood leak down my face, dripping into my eye.

Blurring my vision.

He grabs my arm and cuts it.

I scream and he slaps me, telling me to be quiet  through his hand.

Shane kicks me and makes me fall onto the floor.

"I cant say I missed you." he spits, before walking away murmuring under his breath.

*
I stand up and limp a little to the bathroom.

I stare at the cut on my forehead and wipe the blood clouding my vision out of the way.

Holding a towel to my head. I examine how deep the cuts are.

The one on my arm is deep, it'll take awhile to heal, but it's easy to hide. Long sleeves. It'll scar though.