Cult Case Part (2)

Landing in Africa, Derek and I go to investigate the most recent scene.

The man had been cut up, with a word cut into his stomach. RAPIST.

I sigh.

Morgan keeps staring at me like I'm some wounded animal.

"Stop that, we agreed to move on for now."

He nods tightly and my I let my shoulders drop a little in relief as I see the look of pity leave his face, for the most part.

"So how is our unsub finding them?" he asks

"It's hard to know. Most rape cases are public. Anyone with a strong passion could research and find their targets. However, I don't think we can rule out specific careers. Members of the court, police force, jury members involved with the case, wardens, everyone who deals with enforcing the law against these types of guys. We should also check the local support groups for SA victims."

Derek hums in agreement, putting on his gloves while I look around the scene, staring at the scenery around us.

Primarly, desert land surrounds us. A cliff nearby as well. I would roll up my sleeves if i could. It's extremely hot.

As if he reads my mind, Derek comments.
"You know it's just you and I here right now right? I'm okay if you want to show a little skin."

He winks. Bastard.

"But seriously, I won't go all investigator mode on you."

I nod but internally decline his offer. I don't want him to see the extent of my injuries.

If there was one thing Lydia hated more than anything, it was pity.

"Seriously, it's extremely hot Lyd. I don't want you passing out on ....."

I cut him off, stepping in front of him.
"Pull up his sleeve"

He does what I ask.

"A hospital band."

I put on my own gloves and bend down to read it.

"That's a woman's name, not his. Lisa Berner."

Derek has Garcia on speak before I finish my sentence.

"Shes a nurse at the hospital an hour away from you. And get this. She works in a special ward. Criminal and Rape patients."

Our Unsub is a rape nurse, executing those who have harmed her patients.

"Why would she reveal her identity on a wrist band?" - Derek.

"What if this was her final victim? Maybe she put her own band on him because he raped HER."

"You'd be right." an unfamiliar voice shouts from above.

I should probably be scared, but as Derek and I pull our guns in sink, turning to the voice- I know it's Lisa. And I know she only hurts rapists.

"He did a lot more than rape me you know." She says quietly.

"I started killing them because of the young girls who came into my care destroyed, you know? One of my first patients was 8 years old. Never did I think I'd become a patient myself. But one day after work, that bastard found me in a parking lot. Forced me to do it with him against his pick up. "

She keeps stepping closer to the edge of the cliff.

"Lisa, I want to hear more about your story. Can you stay there while my friend Derek comes to see you?"