Chapter 1- Work

Quick message from the author:

This book will cover @buse and mentions of r@pe. Also sexual @ssult.  It will be heavy, but as the book continues, I promise it'll eventually get better. 

Please do not read if you think these topics are too hard to read about. 

Thank you :)

and for those of you who do choose to read ! Hi :) leave a comment! No spoilers please for Criminal Minds. Thank you for choosing to read my book. I hope you enjoy

<3 Author L xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hustle in my bathroom as I work to cover my bruised face. It was Shane. He was drunk and hit me. It happens everyday. But sometimes its worse. It can get sexual too. 

A tear slips down my face and I wipe it away quickly.  I wince as that hurt, and it smudged my some what concealed face. Another tear starts to fall and I pinch myself. 

Shut up and stop crying Lydia. 

You need to get going, you need to be at work in 30 minuets. Its your dream job. Working with the FBI as a profiler. So pull it together. 

Shane's voice seeps into your head. 

"Shut up you worthless bitch. No one likes you. I'll be surprised if you last one day at your new job. "

"Only weak people cry."

You shake your head and stiffen. It's time to stop feeling pity for yourself. Shane's right. Only weak people cry. From here on, you're not going to let yourself. Plus, it only makes the beatings worse.

As you apply your concealer you're angry. 

You're angry at the world. 

You're angry at Shane.

You're angry at life.

But you know the thing you're angry at the most.

Yourself.

For being weak. For not leaving Shane at the start. When you saw the red flags but thought you were in love. 

Hah

You weren't sure you believed in love anymore.

You're angry at yourself for trying to run away once, but not being able to. You're angry that you got caught and he found you. That he almost beat you to death the night he caught you. That he took your innocence. 

And you don't know what to be more angry about,

That you thought you could actually escape him, or that you were somehow foolish enough to get caught after 1 month of freedom. Without the pain and sadness he brought with him. 

You would never try to get away from him again. You didn't want to risk almost dying from his hands again.

But was it worth living if your life felt like death?

You snap out of your thoughts after finishing up. Your face looked amazing. 

You hated that you were good at this.

But anyways, it wasn't your face that was the worst of this. Your arms had finger marks all over them, bruises from being gripped too tight. And you didn't even want to think about your horrendous ribs. But that was nothing a long sleeved shirt couldn't fix.

Your neck has hand marks wrapped around it. But they were somewhat faded, he hadn't chocked you in a couple days. Nothing some concealer couldn't hide.

Finishing up you look at yourself in the mirror. You look okay.

Its funny how you can so easily hide your pain with make up and a smile. 

You have 10 minuets to get to work. Its only a 2 minuet bus ride. So you leave the bathroom and start to head towards the door.

Shane's in the kitchen.

"Come here."

"Yes sir." 

You quickly make your way over to him. Avoiding eye contact like he likes. You don't particularly feel like getting hit before meeting your new colleagues in 9 minuets.

 "I'll see you after work." he slurs, drunk. And he hugs you, squeezing your ass too hard. You let out a yelp and quickly leave.

Finally. At least you can have most of the day to escape him. That's a bonus to this awesome job. And you know you'll have to work weekends sometimes which is even better. The more time away from him, the better.

Taking a deep breath, you open the doors to the 

Quantico, Virginia 

Behaviour Analysis unit.

-

Hey loves :)

Question 1: Who do you like better? Hotch or Reid again PLEASE no spoilers, im only on season 3

I love them both and cant choose but who do YOU like better?

-Thanks for reading,

Author L xx