Chapter 20: Brothers

Sabo's POV

"Ace.." Luffy muttered.

"Sorry, for the wait." His breath was shaky, and his body was trembling.

He let go of Dadan and set her down near a tree. Ace then sat down on the floor.

"ACE!" Kid Sabo and Luffy jumped into Ace.

"Hey!" He shouted, uncomfortable with the affection.

Luffy smiled, I can't imagine how he felt If Ace died again. The same is for me.

"So, what's going on?" He asked.

Luffy and I stared at Ace, our expressions were slightly melancholy. "We were just about to leave." Luffy mentioned.

"I see..." he spoke.

We all remained quiet, the noise of the trees swaying was enough.

"THAT'S IT!" Kid Luffy shouted.

Everyone turned to him in shock.

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU GUYS! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO!!" Luffy whined.

His eyes bursted with tears. "YOU BOTH ARE SO AWESOME!!"

"Luffy! Cut it out!" Ace yelled, annoyed of Luffy's crying.

Kid Sabo started to shake. "I'll admit, it was really fun hanging out with you guys..." tears started to form.

"Are you kidding me?! Sabo?!" Ace was shocked.

"I'M SO GLAD YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY!!" Luffy exclaimed as he stretched his hands and picked up his younger self for a hug.

Tears suddenly fell down my cheek. I wiped it away and sniffed. "I have to say I agree, this was actually pretty fun." I smiled.

"I can't with you guys." Ace groaned.

Makino slightly smiled, even though she couldn't get up, she was overjoyed to see the boys like this.

"Don't give up on being the king of the pirates okay?! Promise me you won't give up!" Luffy cried as he held kid Luffy in his arms.

"I promise! I'll never give up, okay?!" Kid Luffy forced a smile on his red face, covered with tears.

"Hey, me?"

I looked down as saw my younger self. I knelt down to him, wondering what he wanted.

"I'm actually scared about our future. If you go back, everything we did will get erased which means I'll have to go through what you did. I don't want to lose my brothers." He confessed.

"No matter who we are, no matter what we become, Luffy, Ace, and us will always be brothers. Forgetting doesn't hurt, knowing you forgot hurts like hell. But I know you can get through it, so you shouldn't be afraid." I responded happily.

Luffy and I turned to Makino, she stared at us with tears flowing from her eyes. We continued to cry, especially after what she did in Gray Terminal.