Chapter 10: Separated

Sabo's POV

After minutes of running, it looked like the clouds were starting to clear up. We finally managed to get to Gray Terminal.

"Okay, what's the guys name again?" I asked Luffy.

"According to the guy, his names Guren. Maybe there's people around that know him." He shouted back.

"We can spread out and look." I started looking around the area.

"Hey!!" Makino shouted as she slowly got closer to us.

She was out of breath. "You guys are so quick now..."

"Hahah! Yup!" Luffy smiled.

"We're splitting up to look for the device. Make sure to ask around for a guy named Guren too. Apparently they might have it." I spoke.

"Got it!" Makino replied.

After about an hour of searching, we regrouped and checked to see if anyone's found anything. Sadly none of us found the item and no one we talked to knew a Guren. We split up once again and at this time the storm had basically been completely cleared.

"Hmm...where could this stupid thing be?!"

"Hey!!" Luffy shouted.

I turned my head and saw Luffy running towards me.

"What up?" I asked.

"Guren! I found him but he got rid of the device a while ago! He said he left it around there! I already told Makino about it so she's probably going there now." Luffy exclaimed, pointing to the right.

"That's awesome! Let's go!" I responded.

We ran over to where Luffy was pointing and found Makino hiding.

Luffy squat down. "Makino, what are y-"

"Shh! You two get down!" Makino whispered, pulling Luffys arm down, making him fall.

I quickly knelt down, listening to Makino's orders.

"You hear those voices?" She spoke softly.

I got closer and listened to the people nearby.

"Shut up! We didn't come out here to get you a worthless telescope! Go find something useful!" Ace called out.

I poked my head up and they were there. Luffy, Ace, and I as kids, we were there.

"This is bad..." I muttered.

"Not much for planks but I can always use another pipe." The younger me spoke, holding some wood and a pipe. He stopped in his tracks and found something on the floor.

"Oh! It's a telescope! Luffy's not gonna believe this!" He smiled.

"Wait, you actually found a telescope back then? Not only that but you were gonna show me?!" Luffy spoke.

"Be quiet! Of course I was, at least until-"

"The hell is this?"