Chapter 9: After the storm

Sabo's POV

It's been a few minutes since I was with Makino and Luffy. I snuck inside and hid behind a building nearby.

"This is it..." I muttered to myself.

I took a step outside the alley and looked around. There was barley anyone outside but the ones who were had umbrellas with them.

I lowered my head and walked through the town. There were some familiar faces here and there but no one seemed to recognize me.

"I never thought I'd be back here again yet here I am..." I thought.

As I observed the town I looked up to the taller buildings.

"It feels weird to be back, after all this time."

Suddenly I felt something hit my back.

"Ah!" I shouted as I fell to the cold, damp, road.

"Excuse me, I'm in a hurry." A voice spoke.

My clothes were drenched in water. I slowly got up from the ground and squeezed as much water out of my clothes as I could.

"No problem, sorry about the inconvenience." I turned over to the voice.

"Sabo?!"

I froze once I saw their face. Of course out of all the people I could've seen it was him.

It was my dad.

I haven't heard him speak in so long I didn't even recognize his voice. Even so there was no doubt the man before me was my dad.

"U-Uh....huh?" I spoke out of shock.

He continued. "You can't be-"

"Who's this Sabo guy?" I said nervously.

I backed up a little, still startled.

"Sorry but I have no clue who you're talking about. I just moved here from another noble kingdom but the ship I was on was attacked by pirates. I even got a scar from the incident. Sorry if I look similar to him." I quickly spoke.

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry to end this conversation but I have to go." He said, walking past me.

I turned back to him and stared.

"That was close, maybe exploring wasn't the best thing to do."

Out of curiosity, I decided to follow him.

Eventually he reached the gate to get into Gray Terminal. At this point the storm has already reached the town and most likely Dadan's place too.

While walking through Gray Terminal, still following my dad, he came across and old shack. From the outside, I tried listening in.

"So you definitely found him?" My dad kept his distance from anything around him. He stiffened at the sight of filth.

"Of course we have, don't worry." I looked further in to see who dad was talking to.