Chapter 2: The Night

Koala's POV

[A few minutes after they found the cave]

As the rain poured down, clouding any noise outside the cave, we settled down onto cold rocky ground. I looked around the enclosed space, I saw the others doing their separate things.

"I wonder what happened to Jimbei..."

Those words, they were talking about the former Warlord Jimbei. I quickly walked over to join the conversation.

"Hey, It's Nami right? You were talking about the former Warlord Jimbei, weren't you?" I asked.

I sounded a bit desperate for news on him, but I had a good reason to.

"Oh! Uh yeah, why?" She questioned.

"I just wanted to know, I used to know Jimbei. Hearing you guys know of him I couldn't help asking." I replied smiling.

"Oh, I had no clu-"

"Hey guys! Time to eat!" A shout called out.

We turned our heads upwards and towards our left. Sabo was handing out food in replacement of Sanji for now. Of course it must be terrible how Luffy feels about their crew mate leaving. I feel bad, but there's nothing else he can do but wait until they get there.

"I guess foods ready." Nami smiled with a worrying look on her face.

Everyone started eating their portion of dinner. After two or three people started digging in, I decided to take my first bite. I kept eating until out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nami turn to me.

"So you knew Jimbei?" She asked placing her legs in a criss cross.

I finished chewing in my mouth and swallowed. I drank some water than looked towards her.

"Yeah, when I was a kid. It's a long story so I won't say much but I haven't seen him in a while." I looked away towards the ground.

There was a bit of silence between us as it had just struck in my mind, Nami's words.

"Say...what did you mean by 'I wonder what happened to Jimbei?' You sounded like you were worried about him." I asked, now looking back at her with my water in my hand.

"Ah..we'll last time we saw him was Fishman Island. I'm worried because he had business to take care of. He couldn't join our crew yet because of it." Nami, after finishing her sentence, started to eat once more.

"I see... well I hope he's okay." I looked to the bright fire blazing In front of us.

"Don't worry too much. Jimbei's strong, he promised us he would join our crew and I don't have any doubts." Nami stared into the fire with me as she placed her head on her hand.

I turned to her, her face was so relaxed and calm. Her smile felt welcoming, I'm glad Jimbei found such amazing people. We stared at the fire, letting the warm embrace cover our bodies until we were completely calm.

After a while everyone was done eating. I myself was starting to fall asleep as my eyes were closed. That is until I heard a few giggles. I opened an eye and looked over to where the laughter started.