Chapter 2. Report To Humdinger

THE PAW Patrol had arrived at Adventure City and were now heading to the headquarters. The pups were eagerly looking out of the window, keeping an eye for the headquarters. But something caught Chase's eye. A dog was being pulled away from it's owner by Butch and Ruben.

"Ryder! Look!" Chase barked. He pointed out the sight to Ryder. "Oh no" Ryder said. Soon all of the pups were aware of what was happening. Ryder pulled the breaks and pulled over. He opened the door and got out of the Paw Patroller followed by the pups. "What are you two doing?" Ryder bravely spoke up. Butch and Ruben looked at the Paw Patrol. "It's you guys? What are you guys doing in Adventure City?" Ruben asked.

"We have came here to save the city from Mayor Humdinger" Chase said. "Save the city? Hahaha" Butch and Ruben started laughing. "Give the dog back to the lady" Ryder commanded. "You think a little boy like you could tell me what to do" Butch said, walking up to Ryder trying to intimidate him with his big size. "I'm not scared of you because size doesn't matter. Strength does" Ryder said. His pups stood by his side, ready for anything.

"You give the dog back or this will turn out nasty" Skye said, walking forward. "Fine, here's your dog" Ruben said, handing the lady her small white dog. "We will report to Mayor Humdinger's office about you guys" Ruben said with a nasty look. Butch crunched up his big fat nose and walked to the car.

"You better watch your backs" Ruben said and they took off in their small car. "Thank you so much" the lady said to the Paw Patrol. "Our job, our pleasure" Ryder said. The Paw Patrol got back in their vehicle and continued to the headquarters. "Paw Patrol? Paw Patrol?!" Butch yelled while driving.

"Can you stop with your loud annoying voice?" Ruben grumpily said.

"Don't tell me what to do! I'm in charge over here" Butch said.

"Who said you were in charge? Humdinger?" Ruben questioned.

The Paw Patrol had finally arrived at the headquarters and were now in the main area where Ryder was speaking with the pups. "We have a mystery to solve" Ryder started. "Where could Humdinger possibly be taking all of the dogs in the city?". Marshall suddenly stepped out of the line and walked toward a red button. He pressed it and a digital blue version of Adventure City popped up. "You're a genius, Marshall" Ryder said.

Marshall smiled and wagged his tail proudly. Everyone gathered around the digital city. "Well I don't see no where where the dogs could be" Rocky said, looking at the city. "That's strange because whenever there is any problem in the city, it always comes up here" Zuma said. "Maybe Mayor Humdinger is putting the dogs somewhere else?" Ryder guessed. "I don't really want to say this, but he could be killing them" Chase reluctantly guessed.
Everyone looked at him with eyes of worry and horror. "That can't be. That would be a nightmare" Liberty whimpered. "If so, we must take action quickly" Ryder said.

Butch and Ruben took the elevator to Mayor Humdinger's office. They knocked on the door and one of the mayor's cats answered. "Where's Humdinger?" Butch asked. The cat invited them in and ran to go get Mayor Humdinger. "Meow!" the cat called from the bathroom door. "What do you want?!" Humdinger yelled. "Why can't an old man ever have a peaceful bath!". Mayor Humdinger got out of his shower and dressed into his purple suit with his purple hat.

"Yes kitty, what's the matter?" he asked, stepping out of a steamy warm bathroom. The cat ran to his office and Humdinger saw Butch and Ruben.

"What are you guys doing here?!" Mayor Humdinger yelled in surprise.

"We just had to report something to you" Ruben said.

The mayor quickly sat on his chair at the hearing of that. "What is it?" he asked eagerly. "Well, like you told us to  find any dog in the city, we found a lady with a white dog" Ruben started. "Ok, ok keep going" the mayor's eyes started widening. "We tried taking the dog away from the lady but then the Paw Patrol arrived. They confronted us and told us to give the dog back. So we did and we just wanted to tell you that the Paw Patrol are here now" Ruben finished.

"The Paw Patrol!!!!!" Mayor Humdinger yelled up to his lungs. "Calm down" the mayor told himself. "The next time they appear on a rescue scene or anywhere else, I want the police called and by my command, I want Ryder in prison. Then those nasty little pups will be brought to my secret little place that no one should know" Mayor Humdinger said. "Ok sir. We will do as you command" Butch said.

And so the for next few days, it hadn't rained.
The city was hot and dry. Dry winds blew from south, scorching the city and it's inhabitants. Grey clouds drifted across the sky, but they brought no rain.
The city was parched as a desert. Then hope arrived when lighting was seen over the horizon. "Woah, that's a lot of lighting" Chase said, as they were all looking over the city from the headquarters.

Then a loud thunder stroke the tallest skyscraper in the city, setting a fire that started spreading at an alarming rate. The dry winds acted as fuel, helping the fire grow. "Oh no!" Skye gasped. "It's time to take action" Marshall said.

"No jobs too big, no pups too small!" Ryder said. "Paw Patrol is on a roll!".

The pups howled with confidence and everyone got suited up for the mission.