26

I was gasping for air- I couldn't breathe. My throat was starting to close up, my eyes were tearing, soon enough, I felt a tear run down my cheeks. The more I blink, the more I start crying. 

I was shaking.

"Take a deep breath," I hear Haneul whisper in my ear. She had a grip on my shoulder so that I won't fall to the ground. 

I couldn't breathe. Oh my god, I can't breathe.

"What are we going to do now?" sighs Johnny. 

"I told you guys to be careful!" Haechan mumbles angrily. 

More tears slip down my eyes. 

This was all my fault.

I shouldn't have said about how I wanted our relationship to be public last night. I just ruined everything. 

"Will you calm down?" Mark grits his teeth, he had his hands on his hips, stressed out. 

"Because of you, the whole group is going down," Haechan snaps, staring at Mark. 

"Fuck," he swears, pacing around the room, "Haechan, if you have nothing good to say, then keep your mouth shut. I don't need your fucking negativity right now."

Haechan scoffs, "fine," he gets up, leaving the apartment, slamming the door along the way.

The whole house was quiet. Taeyong didn't say anything, he was as stressed as I was. But he was the most calm one out of all of us. 

"I'm sorry," I choked out, "I-I should've been more careful," I continue, sobbing, "I don't know what to do but say I'm sorry." 

Mark is suffering now, because of me. God, how could I be so selfish? If I had been more careful, this might have not happened. 

Mark's phone started ringing, he fishes out his phone from his pocket, answering the call. Mark glances at me before turning away to speak to whoever was calling him. They talk for a few minutes.

"Okay," I hear him say before ending the call. Mark looks at me again, "they want both of us to have a meeting now."

With swollen eyes and an extremely red face, I nod. Haneul tells me to wash my face with cold water before leaving the house, but it barely helped. My whole face was still swollen from all the crying.

"Haneul-ah," I call out, "will you follow me to the meeting?"

She nods, "I'll stay by your side," she sends a reassuring smile, that surprisingly comforted me. I nod, the three of us left the apartment, taking a cab to SM. 

Mark didn't speak the whole time. I was seated next to him, but he didn't look my way at all. I couldn't even control my tears, a tear streak down my cheek in despair. I was hiccuping every few seconds. 

"Stop crying," Mark mumbles. I turn to face him but he was still staring outside, "everything's going to be fine," he says, but his voice was harsh.

I wanted to scoff at that, because, no, nothing is going to be fine! The comments I have been getting from almost everyone is everything but supportive! Chaewon has been spamming my phone with messages asking me to clarify what was going on. 

We finally reached our destination, we quickly left the taxi and went up the building. When we entered the room, Haneul was told to wait outside. Mark and I enter the room, both of us sitting a few feet away from each other. 

The staff passes me a tissue box, but I didn't bother taking any. 

"Diana, are you okay?" the woman sitting opposite us asks.