11

Markkk:

are you on the way?

Diana:

yeah, you?

Markkk:

i'm already here

I put my phone down, adjusting my hair to look presentable.

I decided to wear something comfortable, but also presentable. It's definitely not an outfit I would wear if I have to dance, but I have never been a dance mentor before, so I'm not sure if I need to dance.

I was wearing a short sleeved baby blue cropped t-shirt and beige straight leg jeans. I had purposely chose pants that were slightly baggy so it would be comfortable for me to dance in. I had paired my outfit with a pair of converse and a few rings.

10 minutes later, I had arrived in the building. I was told to wait in the waiting room with Mark while they prepare everything.

"Yo," Mark greets, standing up, "you're here."

"I'm here!" I exclaim, laughing. I take a seat on the chair since I had to put on make up. "Why are you here so early?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

The room was quite big. There were mirrors on each side of the wall. One side specifically for me, and the other side for Mark. There is a bench at the very end of the room, which was already filled with bags and clothes.

"I finished practice early," he says, fishing out his phone.

"You had practice today?" I asked, "like this morning?"

"Yeah," he responds, leaning his head on the wall behind him, "I have another practice after this."

I was going to ask more questions, but with the amount of people in this room, it's not safe. These days, even your own staff could be the one selling crazy fans about our personal lives.

After getting my make up done, Mark and I were brought to the room where the trainees were staying in.

"Wait outside, the staff will introduce you, and then you can go in," the male staff says to us. We nod, understandingly.

We wait for the staff to mention our names before entering the room. Screams were heard the moment we stepped into the door. I winced at the loud noise but continued to bow at the trainee.

There were 7 trainees in the room. All of them were female.

"Can you introduce yourself?"

Mark looks at me, signalling for me to go first.

I bow, "hello, I'm 6love Diana. I'm so excited to be your mentor," I exclaim, waving at the group of people on the floor. They clapped for me.

"Hi everyone, I'm NCT Mark, I am so excited to be here with you guys," he bows. A series of claps followed after.

"They will be your mentor for the next few weeks," the staff says before signalling us to take the lead.

We were told that they would be doing dance covers. The song that this group chose was Bad Boy by Red Velvet.

The staff tells the trainees to show us the dance so that we can evaluate them. The music starts playing and I scan their movements. I couldn't help but cringe when I saw the terrible execution of movements. Some of them were dancing on different timing.

Mark whispers to me, "this is going to be tough."

The mic that we were both wearing obviously picked up on it. I didn't reply, instead I just nod and continued watching the dancers.