9

I put down my bottle of water while my free hand scrolls through the comments on the article. 

"Yo, did you see the article?" Mark asks. 

I nod, "reading them right now," I tell him. 

"Are you nervous?" he asks, taking a seat next to me. 

I look up at him and fake a smile, "the comments aren't too happy about us."

I sigh, turning off my phone. I should stop reading the comments before it gets to me. I've been the industry for some time, I'm used to such comments like these. I can't do anything about it, I'll just have to accept that people has opinions about me. 

He shrugs, "it's kinda mean... but it's like, whatever, you know?" he says, "we just have to do super well and change their mind."

I laugh, "I like the way you think."

We had already filmed our stage a few days ago. It went very well. We had surprised the trainees when they saw us come up on stage. We continue filming tomorrow where we mentor the trainees. This will go on for the next 2 weeks. 

"By the way," Mark says, "we have to do VLive."

"Oh, right. Your phone or mine?" I ask, sitting up, pulling a table to put the phone on. 

"We'll use the company phone," Mark says, fishing out the latest I-Phone from his bag. He puts the phone on the phone stand, adjusting the camera. 

"What should the title be called?" Mark asks, turning to face me. 

I hum, thinking of a suitable title, "how about something funny?"

"Ok, ok," Mark says, typing into his phone before turning on the live. The app counts down before going live. 

Somehow, I always feel nervous whenever I would go on live. It's scary how I have to watch every little move and not to catch a controversy. 

"Hello everyone," Mark greets, waving at the camera. 

I put on a smile, "Hi, everybody."

"Let's wait for a little more people to come in," Mark says as he reads the comments. I had my eyes fixed on the comments too. 

watermelonmark: hellooo!!!

nct127biggestfan: why is she here?

jaemjaemisso: who is she?

xxxyrhakiy: why is there a girl next to mark?

127fannct: diana!!!! 

jaemindreamie_: is she a manager?

The comments were flooding in, I could barely read a sentence without the screen loading with more comments. 

"Okay," Mark clasp his hands together, "we wanted to go on live because we realised the news is out..." Mark trails off, turning to look at me, "tell them about it."

"Yup!" I exclaim, "the both of us will be special guests on Kingdom!" I say excitedly. 

One thing I would get scolded most for is for being too quiet. For years, the people around me told me that I had to get out of my comfort zone if I wanted to be in the idol industry. It took me a while, and with experience, I started to talk more with new people. 

"We... actually filmed some- wait is that part out yet?" I gasp, looking at Mark. I had my hands covering my mouth in shock. 

He cocks his head, his eyes widening before looking back at the phone, "I... don't think it's out yet," he laughs. 

"Oops..." I trail off, turning to the camera, "Anyway! We've been preparing a lot for you guys, and we are so excited for you all to see it."

"That's right," Mark adds, his eyes glued on the comments. He suddenly clears his throat, "someone asked what we are going to eat," Mark says. "After this I'm going back home to eat my lunch that dorm aunty made."

That was a lie. After the live, we were going to continue practicing for the next few hours before I go back home. Mark is going to stay because he needs to practice for his come back with NCT Dream. 

I hum, "I think I'm going to eat some ice cream," I smirk. 

We spend the next 40 minutes talking to the fans before telling them that we both had to go. 

After Mark had turned off the live, the atmosphere between was quite awkward. The whole time, the comments were mainly talking about how upset that I was in the live with Mark. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to seem like I was affected by it. 

In fact, I was. I still am. The comments were so hurtful. Sure, I have seen mean comments about me, but I was always alone when I read comments. I was on live, I was sitting next to someone I barely know. I couldn't just break down. I had to maintain my smile no matter how sad, angry or in pain I am. 

"You okay?" Mark asks, getting up to keep his phone. 

He must've noticed the comments earlier.

I fake a smile, "yeah, I'm fine."

He nods, smiling at me, "I'm going to go the bathroom for a bit then we can continue practicing."

I nod, letting him go. I let out an exhausted sigh when Mark closes the door. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a/n short chapter again... oopsies.. how was this chapter? also this should be a lesson not to comment anything mean to your idols or anyone in general. they're still humans, and we should treat everyone with respect <3

anyways, i think i've come to a conclusion that readers don't like fics that are currently ongoing, so i'm going to update as much as i can lmao. i'm still writing this book... i have 5 more chapters!!! omgggg but i genuinely hope this gets more reads cuz ive worked so hard on it :(((( 

DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!!