18

I paced around the room, thinking of what to wear for my date with Mark today. I didn't have much time, I only had an hour until Mark would be here. 

"Do you know where he's taking you?"

I turn to face Haneul who was laying in bed, phone in hand. I shake my head, "he told me he wanted to bring me out today and then he... left!"

Haneul scrunches her face, "you should probably text him,"

I groan, reaching out for my phone to text the boy. 

Diana:

markkkk

MARKKKK

hello are you there??

what are you doingggg

heyyyy

MARK?????

"He's not answering!" I cry out, throwing myself on my bed. 

Just as I was about to sulk even more, my phone started ringing. Lifting it up with my hands, my eyes widened at the contact name. 

I turn my head to face Haneul, "he's calling me."

She laughs, "answer it!"

I gulp, reaching out to answer the call, putting the phone on my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi," his voice was deep and raw. 

I frown, realisation hitting me, "did you just wake up?"

I hear him hum, "yeah, your texts woke me up."

"Did you..." I sigh, facing Haneul sadly. She seems to notice my stare on her and turns to face me with raise eyebrows. "Did you forget about today?"

He was breathing rather loudly, but it wasn't annoying me. Mark was quiet for a while, until he finally replies with a small groan, "of course not."

"Then why are you up so late?" I ask. 

"Late? I have an hour to get ready. I won't be late," he replies. 

I scoff, "sure, whatever. If you're late then you're paying."

"That's what I intend to do anyway," he respond. I tried to hide my smile. "Why did you text me?"

"Oh," I totally forgot about my small dilemma, "right, I don't know what to wear."

He chuckles, followed by a yawn, "Just wear anything comfortable. We're not going to do anything in the public eye."

I nod, but quickly realised he couldn't see me, "Okay. I'm going to get ready now, see you."

I could hear him smile, "I can't wait to see you," he replies before ending the call. I put a hand on my mouth to hide the grin that was forming on my lips. 

"You really like him, don't you?" I heard Haneul ask me. 

I didn't reply, instead, I got up and tried to find the perfect outfit. 

Almost an hour later, I was dressed in an oversized knit sweater and straight leg jeans. It's getting colder lately, so I was wearing a t-shirt underneath. Since Mark said that we won't be going out publicly, I didn't do much to my hair and make up. I kept it simple.

"Hey, Diana," Haneul calls before I could leave the room. 

I turn and face her with raise eyebrows.