Chapter One.

The past.

Everyone has a past that they would like to forget about it. But what happens when you can't forget or even believe that it happened to you?

Seven years ago.

Naeem PoV.

"Loving her became a curse to me. I couldn't get her out of my mind and out of my heart ever since the day I saw her. I fell in love without knowing that she is going to be the one who will make me never believe in love again?".

I was heading to run an errand for my mother when I saw her. She looked beautiful in her blue blouse that matched her hijab.

She walked across the road not looking where she was heading. When a car was coming straight to her while she was talking on her phone.

I ran towards her and pushed her away from the moving car. She was so beautiful. It wasn't the first time I had seen her.

"Thank you so much", She thanked me and then walked away. I stood there like an idiot who didn't know how to speak.

No one knew what effect she had over me. Each time I would hope that I would run into her so I could just speak to her.

Then something great happened. I saw her at the mall alone trying to get on the full elevator.

"You could just wait for another one", I tell her. She turned to me and sighed.

"You are right. Thanks".

As she was about to walk away, I walked beside her wanting to know more about her.

"Sorry but would like to go out for coffee?", I nervously ask her.

"Sure but how do I know that you won't kidnap me?".

"I promise I won't do that. My name is Naeem, what's yours?", I asked her.

"Aisha".

"Now can we get some coffee?", I ask her.

"Sure. Lead the way".

We went to the coffee shop and ordered. She told me that she was in her senior year in high school but wasn't planning on going to college.

I didn't ask why was that because everyone has their own choices in what they want to do with their lives.

"Okay, thanks for accompanying. It seems my friends ditched me again", she tells me. I couldn't let her go without getting her number first.

"We should do this again sometime".

"Sure I would love to".

We then exchanged numbers and went in different ways. Each time we would meet up for coffee, go to the movies, and just hang out. I was slowly falling for her without realizing it.

We introduced each other to our friends but her friends didn't like me that much. They kept saying they like the other guy better.

Whenever I ask who was the other guy, Aisha would try and change the subject. After a few months, I confessed to her that I loved her and wanted her to be my wife.

Aisha told me that she felt the same way too. I had planned on telling my parents about her and our relationship but something happened that made me realize that she wasn't the girl that I knew and fell in love with.