Chapter 31

^^Saylor^^
•Saylor's POV•

"You ready to go?"
"Yeah." I took my suitcase and out in inside Braeden's truck.
We were going to stay in a beach cottage his mom had a time share on.
I got into the passenger seat and plugged in my phone.
I put on 'She Knows' and lower my sunglasses over my eyes.
"I'm ready to get out of my house. My mom is so annoying."
"What happened now?" He and his mom were always fighting about something.
"I told her we were going to use her time share, because she never does and she flipped. She got mad I was with you again."
"Why does she hate me? I never understood her logic."
"Well, I think in kindergarten that time you stuck gum in my hair, and we ended up having to shave my super awesome hair because it wouldn't level out. And then in second grade when you stuck a snowball down my pants. Then in fifth grade you kissed me. Seventh grade you broke my arm. And I don't know, maybe she just doesn't like how I spend all my time with you."
"It's not like I'm the only girlfriend you ever had."
"I've never been this crazy about any of them."
I smile and he takes my hand with his free one. "Where do you wanna eat lunch?"
"We could go to McDonalds."
"Sounds good to me."
We keep driving for several hours and then we went through the drive through at McDonalds.
I ordered a 20 piece chicken McNugget, small fry, and a frozen strawberry lemonade. Braeden got a double cheeseburger, a large fry, and a large Coke.
Let me tell you something, this boy can eat. And he's extremely fit for as much as he likes to eat.
We finished our food and we started talking again. "Why does your mom hate me?" He says catching me off gaurd, "well, both of your parents, why do they hate me?"
"Well, they just think you're a bad influence for me and yeah. I'm the baby."
"Oh, so he'll never like me. Not even when he's walking you down the isle to me, he'll have this disgusted look on his face."
"Sounds about right."
I liked talking about a future with Braeden, but his next comment was strange. "what would you name our children?"
"For girls: Braylee and Kaylin. For boys: Maicin and Dalton."
"I like Braylee. Wedding colors?"
"Well of course the traditional black and white, and then blue and pink."
"Wedding location?"
"The beach."
"How many kids?"
"Three."
"How old before I can let them smoke weed." I look over at him and he laughs, encouraging me to hit him.
"Never in a million years."
"I'm kidding."
"You better be."
"But seriously I can't ever at least let them try it?"
"No!"
"Well you're no fun."
"Somebody's gotta be the strict parent."
"Uh huh, sure." I get on my phone and scroll through twitter. Emma's on a rage.
@emmajones83: can't believe someone could do that to a person
@emmajones83: I hope you have fun in hell
@emmajones83: I just hate the whole human race
"Woah."
"What?"
"Oh, sorry, I was thinking out loud."
"What are you thinking about baby?"
"Nothing."
Was it Kayden? Did they break up? I hope not, they were my OTP.
Braeden's phone vibrates and he takes it out of his pocket, now only devoting half his attention to the road.
"You're gonna get us both killed."
"Sorry," he mumbles only paying half attention.
Ten minutes later we arrive at the little cottage and check in. We bring our luggage inside and I plop down on the bed, next to Braeden.
"You ready to go to the beach?"
"No. I wanna sleep."
"Get dressed." I put on my orange bikini and black cover up with my black sandals.
I come out and Braeden's dressed. I take his hand and we lock the door, heading down to the beach. He takes off his tank top, and I slip off my cover up, putting both of them in my bag.
Braeden takes out a cigarette and lights it, causing me to frown. "What?"
"Nothing." I shake my head and we walk along the shore line, hand in hand.
I get in the water and swim for a while, then he out and lay on my towel.
Braeden comes and lays down next to me, lighting another cigarette.
After a while, we walk back to the cottage and I get in the shower.
I come out and Braeden's watching tv on the bed. "Do you wanna get a shower before dinner?"
"I'll get one once we come back."
"Okay, you ready to go?"
"Yeah, where do you wanna go?"
"I saw this fish restaurant down the street within walking distance."
"Sure."
We walk down to the restaurant and are seated.
I think this is really gonna be a fun trip.