another lost cause

The light from the window hit me like a spotlight, as I stared down at the street below wishing I could walk with Simon down the road to the park like we used to do so often.
To feel the feeling of pure joy and bliss and my hand intertwined with his warn hand, the warmth from the sun blasting down on us, catching his blonde hair making it look like gold; and his eyes oh his eyes, the sun making the green murky pools almost transparently glow.

In my heart thats what I wanted, to be back in those days, to be able to appreciate the small things, like being the same temperature as my lover, but in my mind I knew that day wouldn't come for a long time, and then it wouldn't be the warmth from the sun I would feel but the cold inbrace of death.

Cold arms snaked around me like a boa constrictor, holding me tightly in a loving imbrace; as I felt a pair of cold chaste lips press firmly against my neck, giving the tender skin a soft peck.

"What are you doing love" he whispered out, but I was what felt like a mile away.

When I didn't respond Simon let go spinning me around to face him. His eyes held concern for my catatonic state, probably worrying that I was having another episode.

I quickly snapped out of my daze, leaving the memories to be what they were, memories.

Simon stood still, waiting for a response, and I gave him one.

"Just fine Simon, I was just thinking" I said the words without to much thought, but that seemed to be enough to satisfy the bubbly boy infront of me as he lifted me from where I stood and carried me over to the bed, gently placing me down on the soft comforter.

My eyes held his in a kind of questioning way, staring at his everyone as he rushed around my room to find something, that only he knew about.

Simon returned from his wild goose chase with a sketch pad, and my pencils.

"Remember how you used to doodle me?" He spoke in a cheerful tone.

I just nodded expecting what he wanted me to do.

"Could you do it again? You know since I look different now? Maybe- I just thought it might help cheer you up" his looked down, his cheeryness vanished for a moment, " I know its been rough for you, and I want you to feel better just tell me what I can do to make you feel better".

I smiled at the words and opened the sketch book to a blank page, as I looked at Simon expectantly.
He knew what to do as he sat criss-cross on the floor smiling up at me.

My hands did the work, I had sketched Simon over a thousand times, it was muscle memory at this point.

His nose, his face shape, his eyes brows, once I was finished I found my eyes gazing upon the old Simon.

With a shaky hand I added the shading to make his eyes a black and give him the eyes bags of a man who had never slept a day in his life.

My eyes stared at the page, my heart wrenching at the sight, stay strong for Simon.

My brain reminded me of the words my, bouncing blonde companion had said just moments before, " I just want to make you happy".

I smiled wide, and turned the sketch pad around to the boy, as his eyes scanned the page his face lit up like a kids on Christmas.

"Damn I look good" he mused out, a smirk plastered on his face.

I chuckled and replied half heartedly, "Keifer Sutherland looks better".

His eyes widened and he clutched his chest where his heart would be, "baby if I wasn't dead that would have killed me" he fell back onto his back pretending to have a heart attack and calling out things like.

"If only my girlfriend loved me" and "(Y/n) look what you have done to me".

Once he was done with his act he jumped up and walked over to me, sitting down beside me.

"You know I love you" his hand rested on my cheek.

My face rested as I melted into the feeling and nuzzled into his hand, "forever and always".

Till death do us part.

☆~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

Sorry for the short chapter guys, writers block lol.

Author-chan out ♧♤