𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗: 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐚 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Shrugging, I took off my Vintage t-shirt and jeans and put on the dark red dress. It was a strapless mini satin dress that came just above my mid-thigh. Looking at myself in the mirror, I marvelled at the fact that how gorgeous I looked in it.

Thank God, for the training I had otherwise I would have had a round belly by now. Instead, my stomach was flat as a pancake. The dress hugged the curves I had displaying my small hourglass figure.

I walked out of the bathroom, showing Katia my dress.

She gushed about it and for a moment I caught myself imagining that this was Jade, and we were playing dress-up in the middle of the night instead of going to sleep. I shook off her memory and put on the small black leather jacket and heeled combat boots Katia threw at me which made me look fierce and dangerous in a way.

After that, she did my make-up, focusing to make my blue eyes sharper and bigger. Then came my hair. I almost dozed off to sleep with Katia taking her precious time curling my straight hair.

Finally, we were done and looked proudly at myself in the mirror.

"Thanks for this," I said and stood up from the chair.

"No problem." She smiled and watched me walk out the door.

I knocked on Drew's door this time before barging in. A 'come in' sounded from the other side and I opened the door.

Drew's eyes caught mine from the mirror and he smiled, "Looking fabulous, mon ange."

"I know, right," I looked down at myself, "I look so hot. Katia did this all."

"She's a fashionista." He clicked on his watch, before turning towards me, "Ready to go?"

He wore a cream shirt that complimented his brown hair along with black jeans.

"Yup."

༺═──────═༻

Drew rolled his car into the parking slot while I gazed at the stadium-sized club. A gulp went down my throat. This club could probably fit Jupiter twice. Colourful neon lights decorated the club with the word 'BLOODLUST' written in big bold letters.

"Bloodlust," I mused, "how creative."

He smiled, "This was a spectacular name centuries ago."

"Right."

We both got off Drew's expensive car and walked towards the club. Music could be heard from outside mixed with the voices of people talking. A large bulky man stood at the entrance checking IDs of everyone before letting them in.

I grabbed Drew's arm, looking at him wide-eyed, "Drew, I'm only seventeen. I don't have an ID."

He smiled, unlatching my hand from his arm and placing it in his instead, "No worries, chérie."

Deciding to just go along with Drew, we stood in line. When our turn came, I expected Drew to hit the guy with a metal rod to erase his memory or something. Instead, the guy smirked when his eyes fell on Drew.

"Drew Amoux Arnou, long time no see. How many years has it been?"

"A few decades, ami." Drew replied, smiling back.

He patted Drew's shoulder. Drew pulled me behind him through the doors.

"You knew that guy?" I asked.

"Oui."

We stepped into the club and my first reaction was to suck in a breath. Music blared in my ears until it felt like I was breathing it too. Disco lights roamed everywhere with a huge stage at the front with the DJ. The dance floor was massive with people dancing everywhere. I looked at the females in the room. They all wore heavy makeup and tight dresses looking exactly like characters out of an R-rated movie.