𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓: 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧

Börja om från början

I mean sure I want to help myself and figure out what I am and where I came from, but King Alpha seems to be in a worse position than me with no sense of direction in life.

I want to help him.

Even if I have to attend this nerve-racking ball.

It's insane to say that I have formed some kind of a connection with this place and its people. Not everyone, but a few of them. This place has started to feel somewhat close to home.

The light strokes of brushes and fingers on my face gave me a sense of coolness and relaxation. I would have drifted off to sleep if wasn't for King Alpha who made me sleep early yesterday.

I couldn't wait to get over with this. This should be as simple as everyone talks about.

1)    Wear a pretty dress

2)    Meet a bunch of Royals

3)    Let the Oldest Royal confirm you Queen to everyone

4)    Dance

5)    Eat

6)    Boom! Done!

After a few more minutes, or probably an hour, the girls finally allowed me to open my eyes. My first expression when I opened my eyes was to squint and almost hiss at the bright lights of the room.

I let my eyes adjust to the bright lights and turned toward the mirror. Before I could take a look, one of the girls blocked my view with a grin.

"Na-uh, not yet, Lady Ezlynn."

"Yeah, we want to see your face at the very end."

A sigh came to my lips, and I nodded.

They made me stand up and remove the robe I was wearing, leaving me in my underwear. See, I told you! No sense of privacy or personal space. But eh, I'm kind of used to it.

They walked over to the bag which covered the ballgown I was going to wear for tonight. The bag bulged already telling me that the ballgown was going to be huge.

"Oh please close your eyes, Lady Ezlynn."

"Yeah, no peaking."

A sigh came out of my lips once again and I closed my eyes.

The sound of the bag unzipping reached my ears and within seconds, hands pulled my arms above my head as they slipped the gown over my head. Just by the feel of the material, I could tell this was something more than just a 'pretty' dress.

My curiosity grew as they straightened the gown and adjusted it properly on my chest and waist. I wanted to open my eyes and look down at what I'm wearing.

They made me step on a pair of heels with my eyes still closed.

Finally, after a few more minutes of pestering and making sure everything was ready, they let me open my eyes.

My eyes opened, falling on a huge mirror ahead.

I stopped breathing.

My mouth parted open at the image in front of me and it seemed as if everything was immersed in a dream.

Starlight. That was the first thing that came to my mind. The colour of the ballgown. A hundred stars seemed to rest on the lace of the gown, making me seem more alluring than the night itself. The gown started with a light colour from the top and turned darker as it flowed down, making me look like a descending night princess. The ballgown clung to my waist before flowing down like a waterfall, stopping right above the ground. My shoulders looked smooth and soft with the ballgown being off the shoulders. The neckline dipped low into a V, showing the right amount of skin.