THIRTY

CAMILA

BREAKING NEWS: It is with great sadness that we report to you that the kidnapped FBI Agent, Rebecca Pierce, has been killed. Her dismembered head was discovered at the feet of the Lincoln Memorial statue by two passersby who immediately alerted the authorities. The rest of her body has yet been to be found. The FBI is now attempting to go through surveillance footage for any possible leads, however it seems that all cameras in and around the area had been disabled at the time of the event. How could this possibly happen? Now with our senior analysis-

I stared at the television not really listening to the gibberish and fake sympathy that poured from the reporters lips. Turning away from it, I watched
as Lauren walked into my closet and flipped over the rack of my clothes to get to my secret stash of guns. She placed two of them at her back and slipped a knife into her shoe. I wasn't one hundred percent on board with her plan. However, I was going to have to give her this.

We'd arrived back in D.C. this morning, with Chris and Vero. Fedel and Kain had stayed behind in Miami with Lucy, Clara, and Ethan. Clara had spent most of her days in bed, or organizing things. She had been the hardest one to convince to move into the safe house. I had them all underground, and none of them were coming out until this was over. Lauren had Fedel replicate Clara's room in the safe house.

Our house in Washington had become a command center. All the furniture had been pushed aside to make room for computers and guns. Vero, Chris, and Lauren were all itching for blood. And ironically, I was the only one reining them in from basically setting the East Coast on fire.

Placing the brass knuckles in her pocket, Lauren put her hat on her head as she stepped forward.

Pulling me to her, she kissed me hard with her hands on my waist and cheek. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her back before I pulled away. She did this now, every time we were splitting up for a few hours; she would kiss me as though it were the last time we would ever see each other. I hated it and loved it, all at the same time.

"Have fun at lunch," I said to her as she moved around me and out the door.

"I plan on it," she replied.

Shaking my head, I grabbed a pair of pearls and black pumps. Stepping out into the living room where Vero had set up four computers, I looked over the screens. All of them contained lines and lines of coding. He had been there for the last five hours, and though he was dressed well, the bags under her eyes
proved how she was dealing with things.

I understood how they felt, but I was starting to grow tired of mothering them. Heading to the kitchen, I grabbed an apple, a pre-made sandwich, and a bottle of water before I walked over and handed it to Vero. As she looked up at me, my phone beeped, notifying me that my car was here.

"Im not hungry."

"I don't give a fuck. Im not burying another one of you, nor do I want you to fuck up my plan. Lets go."

Rolling her eyes, she grabbed the sandwich and followed me out the front door. "I have the list and the photos. When do you want to release this?"

"Lets wait until Lauren and Chris return," I replied.

I glared at the driver as Vero sat up front beside him. I disliked switching people even though they were in-house.

Note to self: visit Monte.

The streets passed by in a blur of colors, and as I leaned back, I thought about how I had spent the last few days hacking and rerouting IP address across
three different continents, just so I could go through FBI files and find every undercover cop and informant across the country. All of their photos, old and new, had been compiled into a three part video that Rsamas would be releasing tonight. And by tomorrow morning, there would be blood flowing through the streets.