NINE

"One murder makes a villain, millions a hero.

Numbers sanctify, my good fellow."

Monsieur Verdoux

CAMILA

There was something about Lauren Jauregui. She was immature, rowdy, and impatient. Those were just the kinder things I could think of, and yet I knew she smelled like cinnamon, spices, and apples. I had taken time to reflect on her scent, even enjoyed it. Ugh. On top of that, I enjoyed how she looked up close. The way she flexed her muscles out of habit and cracked her knuckles when she was tense. I had notice that in just two days. I had a whole arsenal of people under my control and many were attractive in some way, shape, or form, and yet there was something about Lauren Jauregui.

When she stepped out of her room, she was dressed in dark pants paired with a black and green vest with the letter J on the breast. She looked surprised to see me, as if she wasn't sure why I was here, On her arms were bruises and marks from our fight. The idiot should have treated them, but instead, she had to leave them.

"Took you long enough, Jauregui. Did you need to fix your hair?"

She galred at me before smirking. "It's called sex hair for a reason. That's the only way I fix it. You done being a bitch?"

Daniel came down the hall, before I could respond.

"Ma'am, the helicopter is ready, Xavier is fine, and we are ready to aid," he said, waiting for orders.

"I already contracted Xavier, and he'll tell you what to do." His eyes widened, knowing what I meant. He just lost his title as right hand man, the fucker. "Next time, Daniel, when I tell you to fall on your sword, do it without hestitation. You waste my time and insult my intelligence with a statement like, 'we're outnumbered.' That is all."

He nodded and left quickly, leaving Ms.Sex hair and me alone. Lauren stared at Daniel wit narrowed eyes then turning her glower on me.

I cut in before she could speak again. "The helicopter is lifting us to Delaware. The flight is an hour. From there, we are taking a speedboat north. The GPS is picking up the signal fifteen clicks from shore. However, the Valero are already aware of your stunt and will mostly likely have men in the water trying to recoup any lost drugs." Stepping forward, I made sure she understood I was not playing. "First, you see what I'm doing, telling you every detail of this? Yeah, that is what you should have done. Second, this is my operation now. My men. So if you fuck up, I will slit your throat and then fill you with bull-"

Her eyes lit up fire before she grabbed me and threw me against the wall. "Every moment you waste roaring at me, is a moment against us, Captain Bitch a lot. As smart as you plan is, it would be better to have snipers in the air. Something I thought of before I even stepped out here."

I grinned. Even with her hand around my neck, she thought she was so fucking smart, "You are so right. Which is why I already have Chris and Antonio locked, loaded, and waiting. Anything else you assume I didn't think of? When will you get that while you've been number two for daddy, I've been number one?" She said nothing, just glared. "You should release me, Captain Dipshit or lose your arm. Your choice."

I didn't wait, I broke free. I was tiny compared to her, so all I neded to do was drop down and roll out of her grip. She had so much to learn, and this was her time to do it.

Due to the fact that I had shot up Michael's house, the party they had thrown in my honor had ended and everyone departed.

Outside were four motocycles, two of which were taken by Veronica and Daniel. The other two was for Lauren and me- Mine white, and hers green and black. She looked at me as I was a china doll, and all I could do was roll my eyes before jumping on my bike and taking off as soon as one of their men opened the gate. Only a second had gone by before I saw her skyrocket past me, almost cutting me off, the sour brat, so I sped up beside her. We raced through the backstreets of Miami, the lights from the buildings up above us all blending together in a single streak. No matter how much gas I gave while weaving in and out of traffic and intersections, she was always winning. I could only get in front of her for a second before she would shoot past me out of nowhere. It was as if she was toying with me.