Bonus Chapter #2

To new beginnings,

And when I was lonely
You held my hand,
Guided me through the darkness
In the lates of the night.

My heart's yearning,
You're a pleasure divine.
Unbeknowst to me settled deep in my mind.
You're not just a companion,
You're my everything.

From
Bitter sweet endings,
To wilder
new beginnings.....

.................................................................

Ayaan rubbed his hands together feeling the sweaty palms slip over eachother and huffed out a sigh feeling his tensed muscles ache.

The door of the labour room swung open and he jumped up to his feet at the sound of the rubber scrubs squeaking against the tiled floor.

"Ho gaya kiyaa?" he asked urgently.

"Ufff Allah!!!!" Airaa slapped a gloved hand upon her forehead and shook her head.

"Airaa batao naa?" he insisted

"Ayaan?! Bachey ho koi tum yaar?! It's a baby! Apney time per aye gaa... Beth jaou araam se!" Airaa uttered, arms flailing as she exaggerated.

"Yaarrr ghantey se yahi keh rhi ho! Araam se beth jao.. araam se beth jao! Nhi bethaa jaa raha naa! Itni tension ho rhi hai mujhe kiyaa bataoun! Thandey pasiney aa rhay hain!" Ayaan complained distraught.

"Allah Ayaan!! Kuch sharam ker lo! Woh dekho Harris chup se betha! He is the father or uss ki ek awaaz bhi nhi aa rhi, jab keh tumne pura hospital sar pe uthaya hua hai!" Airaa said pointing at the silent Harris sitting on the plastic chair at the far end of the corridor.

His elbows rested on his knees and his hands clapsed together supporting his head. He had his eyes closed and his lips moved in quiet prayer as his scared heart drummed in his ears.

"Yaar woh Harris hai naa..." Ayaan groaned, irritated at the same time awwed by Harris's patience and silence.

"Tum bhi seekh lo kuch! Ek kaam kaha thaa kuch khilaa do ussey woh bhi nhi kiya!" She huffed putting her hands on her hips glaring up at him.

"Le ke aya thaa main! Bhai sahab ne khaya nhi... Ab main usko niwala bana ker toh khila nhi sakta, naa woh itnaa achaa hai keh khaa le... Phir main khud hi khaa gaya.... Airaaa mujhe tension ho rhi hai bohat! Aur kitnaa wait karna parey ga?" He spoke fast in a single breath.

Airaa hardly fought her smile and looked down at her shoes to keep a stoic face.

She hadn't slept since the last 48 hours and it was taking a toll on her. Her job to asist the leading Gynecologist of Karachi was seemingly simple but God it was tiring.