Chap. 35

Harris laid back in his chair, stretching his legs out in front of him. Lazily his arm flew across to the other side and draped on the back of Vania's chair.

Vania stiffened at his closeness and turned only slightly towards him, whispering, "Seedhey ho ke betho kiya hogaya hai! Office hai."

He watched her with drooped lids and gave a rougish smile.

"Thori si thakkan ho rahi hai....."

He said and stretched his arms out wider leaning in more on her side.

He breathed in the soft cherry blossom of her perfume and felt his heart beat dance. His choclaty browns peeked into her gray irisis and smiled at her nervousness. He reached for her.

"Harris!!" She hissed at him and he changed tactics reaching for her pen instead and sitting back upright.

"Pen le raha hun khali!" He stated playing innocent and Vania was speechless.

"Yeh tumhari table pe kiyaa hai?" She pointed to his own.

"Yeah, but your's is more smooth.." he winked and Vania's  breath got stuck between her lungs.

She blinked looking away and instantly Anoushey was at her desk beside her. Harris pretended to be busy like he wasn't just teasing Vania a second ago.

"Vanu Vanu! I sent you an attachment jaldi se uska print nikaal do!" She said hastily.

Vania whined, "Yaarrr why don't you use your own printer!"

"Pata toh haai tumheyn jani your's is more smooth!"

Harris snorted and then covered up his laugh by a cough.

"Vania and her smoothness." he mumbled under his breath.

She elbowed him but hit the pencil cup instead and it clattered to the floor.

"Kuch kaha Ibrahim?"

He turned to a smiling Anoushey and shrugged, "Very smooth."

His eyes were on Vania who was quickly picking up the fallen stationary by her feet.

She looked up and glowered at him and he cheekily grinned.
.........

The most satisfaction he got today was by seeing Waqas's broken face. A special balm to his heart was the fact that he was no longer staring at Vania not even a side glance.

Harris wanted to fist pump the air in joy or maybe raise his collar in style. The most immaturest of thoughts was that to stick his tongue out at him in victory.

He bit his lips and looked down at his screen controling his laugh.

*Ahem* he cleared his throat and said, "Hey Waqas!"

Vania looked up shocked at Harris. Waqas too looked up confused and a bit rattled at being called by Harris of all people.

"Are you okay?" Harris asked acting polite. Vania motioned him with her eyes to stop.

Fahad too looked up at Waqas and said, "Aaj thora down lag raha bro, sb theek hai naa?"

Waqas cleared his throat, "Yeah.. Yeah... Just... Thora sir mai dard hai..."

"Oh have a Panadol!" Harris piped up. "Here. Sab dard dur hojayen ge." He grinned playing the good guy.

"Yeah.. Ummm.. Sure... Thanks" Waqas mumbled and Vania grit her teeth.

Harris sat back down and they all continued with their work.

Suddenly he felt a pinch on his forearm and he hissed softly.