Chap. 30

To dear Silent readers,
Just a question that popped up in my head; You don't vote beacause you don't like the story enough or are you just shy?
😂😂😂😂

****

Vania woke up early next morning though it was a Sunday, feeling oddly refreshed. With a deep breath in, she rubbed her eyes and sat up on the bed.

Turning around, she gazed at Maniha's slumbering form, softly snoring on her right. After so many years today, Maniha Khala slept so soundly. She didn't wake up at night crying, neither did she shiver or shake due to her nightmares. After a very long time, she seemed at peace.

Vania smiled and leaned down softly kissing her forhead. Maniha stirred giving out a low 'hmmm' but didn't wake up. Vania's smile grew wider at the cutness, and she bit back a giggle. She was so happy, her toes curled with excitement and her stomach tickled with bubbles of elation, without any particular reason.

She took in another deep breath and got off the bed. Zainab slept by their feet and she gently moved her up on her side, letting her sleep some more.

Closing the door behind her Vania padded to her own room to wash her face and offer her Qaza Fajr.

She glanced at Zeeshan's bedroom door at the end of the hallway and her gave a heart stutter. Normally, she wouldn't hesitate from kicking open his door to wake him up on a Sunday and tell him to get up and study. But not today.

Today, there was another person in there. Probably fast asleep, and she didn't want him to be disturbed, because he had stayed up for so long for their sake the previous night, he deserved to rest. No other reason of course. Her cheeks colored up lightly and she quickly shuffled inside her room.

Frowning, Vania noticed how her bed sheet was ruffled like someone had been sitting there. The pillows were arranged against the head board so as to make a better sitting position. She looked around but everything else seemed to be in place. She twisted her lips to the side in comtemplation.

"Main toh kal bedroom main ayi bhi nhi..phir mera bed kisne kharab kiya?" She wondered aloud.

"Shayad Zainab yaa Zeeshan main se koi aya ho phir..." She shrugged bending down to make the bed.

"Ek toh pata nhi in logon ko bedsheet theek karney main kyaa dard hota hai. Bhai, behtey ho toh theek kar ke uth jao, yaar... Lekin nhi!" Vania mumbled to herself as she corrected the bed sheets and arranged the pillows properly before her morning shower.

***

Done with her prayer, she replaced the prayer mat and rosary on its position on her shelf. Then wrapping her slightly dry hair in a messy bun she came out of the room.

Descending the stairs, humming softly under her breath she was about to enter the kitchen when Vania noticed the lounge fan whirring at low speed.

*Gasp

"Yeh dekho zaraa!" She exclaimed softly, putting a hand against her mouth, "Ek raat ko maine nazar nhi rakhi toh kyaa hua!" She huffed, putting her hands on her hips and stomped towards the lounge.

"Fan on chor ker soney chaly gaye! Nikame dono Zainy, or Zeesh-*Gasp*"

She slapped a hand against her mouth shutting herself up. Her breath stuck in her throat as her eyes took in the familiar figure, sprawled lazily across the three seater sofa.

She gulped and blinked fast before letting her hand fall

"Yarr! Yeh yahan kyun so raha hai?!" She whisper yelled to herself. "Uff! maine bola bhi thaa Zainab se keh iski bolna Zeeshan ke room main so jaye.."