She watched as he gulped down her words as if they were brittle walks— coating the inside of his throat— scratching it like a fine sand paper.

At some point, someone need to call him out, confront him. Jisung's been good at ignoring the conversations that lead up to this point, drowning them out and white noising them, however he knew it was about time. He had expected it, yet the boy was not even the slightest prepared to speak.

He couldn't help but to blurt whatever came to mind first. At least it was better than overthinking it and making a larger fool of himself, he thought. "Aeri, I don't know what you want me to say," He gapped, his pupils shaking to dart towards every feature of her face— hoping to see an ounce of reaction. "You're my first love, and i'll always hold feelings for you whether they're romantic or turned friendly. But that's not important right now,"

Aeri's head felt like exploding. She ignored the sense of amenity that washed over her, hearing the chance of him loving her in a romantic manner, and turned to focus on what she needed to hear.

"Then tell me what is? What's so important to you right now?" She questioned seriously, poking a firm index finger to his chest, making the boy take an uneasy step back.

As Aeri inched closer to him, closing the distance, Jisung felt his whole body burn. Unknowingly, her body was lit aflame too.

Swallowing the shakiness in his vocal chords, and the feeling of something squeezing his chest, he mustered up all the strength left in him. And he answered. "All of us, the boys, you and me. We don't care if you return to the band or not, sure it'll be great— we get the music dream together, but we want you to be friends with us again," Before Aeri could reply, she saw him shake his head violently, going back on his words. "No we want you to want to be friends with us again,"

She stepped back, her pointed finger falling and retracting to her chest. She wavered slightly in her place, glancing at the tall figure in front of him. It clicked, and she didn't know whether to jump in glee at the fact that she discovered, or to pull away further because although he looked like it, and acted the same way, he wasn't hers to be excited about.

It was all because he was sounding like, her Jisung. The high school teenager who would do anything and everything for her. The boy who unknowingly knew how to speak the exact words to make her feel as if she was his all.

It was senior year of high school and the two 18 year olds had decided to skip their individual practices and lay atop the their neighborhood park's field of grass. They laid on their backs, each of them with their eyes firmly closed as they soaked up the daylight that beamed down at them warmly.

"I love the spring sun," Young Aeri muttered dreamily, smiling as she felt the rays coat the rosy apples of her cheeks.

Jisung chuckled lowly from beside her. She could feel his shoulders shake from their close proximity, and she frowned.

"What?" She turned her head to left, glancing to his side profile, noticing that his eyes were still closed.

"Why do you like the sunlight so much?" He questioned her curiously. He felt her shrug— the sleeve of her shirt brushing against his, along with the soft grass.

"I don't know, I mean I really like sunrises and the sun in general. They're just really beautiful especially during this time of the year," She cooed, turning to face back up to the sky.

"What do you like about them?" He continued to interrogate her. At first Aeri found it odd in his sudden interest of her's of the sun and sunrises, however she just thought that maybe it was another excuse to listen to her speak. As he previously mentioned that he loved her voice.