六 (six)

LUCY

"Hey, Lisanna, who is that?" I asked, motioning her to come over to answer my question.

"Are you going crazy?' Gray interjected, his brows furrowing in confusion. I just shrugged, because I wasn't entirely sure what was going on.

"I don't think so? It seems to just be him I'm forgetting. But introduce him to me anyway."

"Oi, Flamebag! Come introduce yourself to Lucy!" Gray yelled to a salmon-haired boy with Happy sitting atop his head. 

"Uh hi Lucy, my name is Natsu. You know Happy already but that's it I guess. If you don't mind me asking, how did you forget who I am?" he asked.

"Uh...I don't know, Natsu-san, I'm sorry," I replied and he just nodded before turning back to his food.

NATSU

"Lucy..." I muttered softly, a little disappointed that she didn't recognize me. It was probably just because it was weird because we're not 'friends' right now.

"You know, Natsu, if Lushee rememberd who you were, I would have told her about what you said when you were sleeping," Happy teased.

"Ugh, Happy! I thought you were asleep..."

"Well I was, but then the fish in my dream died. So I woke up."

"Well, you weren't supposed to hear me. It was an accident, and it was meant for Lisanna," I lied. But that's not the truth. I missed Lucy then too.

"Hey, maybe you guys should go on a job together! It'll jog up Lucy's memory of you again, we never know," Mira yelled, and Lucy nodded vigorously.

**

"So, Natsu, tell me about yourself," she said.

"Well, I love food!" I responded, and she laughed, putting a smile on my face.

"You say we've went on jobs together before. Maybe we can talk about it over dinner. Make sure you tell Lisanna though, because I don't want her to get the wrong idea."

"Sure Luce. Why don't we go to your apartment so you can change," I said as we neared the building. Within a few minutes, she came back, wearing a pink shirt and green shorts. She looked nice.

"Alright, Natsu. Are you ready to go?" she asked, holding out her hand when she suddenly retracted it, "oops, I'm sorry. That was habitual I guess." She then turned away and skipped on the path to the restaurant.

I would love to see that smile again. To hold her hand. Keep her close to me. Wait- what am I saying?

(edited 190212)