🕯The lower levels🕯

Michelle and Valorie led all there guests onto a large balcony that over looked the kingdom. A trio of guards attempts the push the nine friends but, fed up, Rhea grabs the end of the leaders spear and throws it back at him.

"I know where to go thank you."
If looks could kill, he would have dropped dead. He grunts and walks of, his fellow guards following him.

The two queens face the kingdom and there guests, but they have there backs to the hero's, making there escape easier. It was a known fact that Valorie and Michelle took pride in their speech and, lucky for our hero's, often got lost in their own words, and could forget there surroundings completely.

"Come on, nows our chance."
Charlotte holds the trail of her dress of the floor and walks over to the stairs that lead down to the drapes of the castle.

Charlotte and Sam take the lead and begin looking around the castle, Sam sees many people dressed in lots of different clothes.

"That's Scorpio colours."
Says Cali looking at a group of withered people in one cell.

"They've in prisoned their own people."
Alvaro looks at them too.

A woman looks up and sees them and runs to the cage doors.

"Please. Help us."
She says, Sam reaches for her hand and can feel the bones beneath the loose skin.

"Why would she do this to her own people?"
Terran asks he looks around and spots a cell at the end of the hall.

"Charlotte."
He nudges her and she looks to where he is pointing.

Her eyes twinkle with tears as she runs forward to the cell. It is filled with at least eighty of her people. They all begin to shout when they see her.

"Your alive."
Charlotte cries as she hugs them through the bars.

"You have to save us all."
They say.

"I will, I'll get you out of there."
Charlotte wipes her tears and looks around for someone. You all know who. But her face drops when she can't see him.

"You have to save us all."
One man says looking out at everyone. Charlotte looks around at everyone trapped, people from all signs together, huddling for warmth.

"We will. We won't leave without you."
She promises to come back for them and walks away, Sam reluctantly leaves, they continue searching and notice a spiral staircase that leads further down still.

"Follow me."
Anya takes the lead and they slowly walk down the stairs and run into a large door.

"Open it."
Ajax spits at his sister.

"I'm trying."
She pushes on it.

"Hurry up."
Says Rhea, she looks over the top of them.

"Can't you see I'm trying to?"
Anya gasps as she pushes harder.

"Oh for crying out loud."
Arla marches to the front and shoves the door it swings open and they all stumble forward.

Inside the room a large crystal hanging from the ceiling glows different colours, red, blue, brown and grey.

"Oh wow."
Says Terran.

They all walk towards it and look at the crystal.

"This, is it?"
Says Rhea, she sounds dissatisfied.

"I'm sorry, is this not good enough for you?"
Asks Alvaro rolling his eyes.

They all form a circle around it, that's when Charlotte spots a tube coming from the top, it trails across the ceiling and enters into a room. Charlotte walks through the door and sees someone tied down to a chair with the tube attached to their head and a guard in their mouth. She squints her eyes trying to get a better view of who it was.

Tara.

She rushes forward and everyone follows her.

Tara groans and has tears all over her face, she wearily opens her eyes that are bloodshot and red. She begins to cry with tears of joy.Ajax pulls the guard from her mouth and she begins to weep.

"You-you've come to save me?"
She asks.

"We've come to save you all."
Says Sam.

"I didn't mean to hurt you, I never meant to hurt anyone."
Tara cries.

"What do you mean?"
Asks Arla.

"The crystal, they draw essence and power from it, when they feed it to you, it makes you obey them no matter what. It controls with your mind."

Everyone looks at each other.

"We're going to get you out of here."
They detach the tube and Alvaro and Calida help her up, they stumble to the room with the gem stone and they look at it.

"How do we get the powers?"
Asks Rhea who looks the crystal up and down.

Alvaro and Calida sit Tara down on the floor. She holds onto her stomach, clearly she's been starved, and watches them. Terran looks around and notices some stone in the floor. It says 'only once contact is made, can power be given to the right person.'.

"Contact?"
He says it under his breath and his eyes widen.

"We have to make contact."
He looks around at everyone and they raise their eyebrows in confusion.

"Touch it?"
Asks Cali.

"That's what it says."
He points to the words on the floor. They all read it and Charlotte announces...

"It does."

They look around and stand back to look at the crystal one last time.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."
Says Valorie appearing from the stairs.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Are you on summer break?

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — Are you on summer break?