🌹The ball🌹

Charlotte stands before a cracked mirror looking at her dress. It is cream and light brown with flicks of gold swirled around it it is sloped from the front and lower at the back. Her hair is in a part pony tail behind her head, on her ear is a vine entwined with leaves. Her face is delicately painted with golden dust across her eyelids and her lips are dressed in a shimmering gloss. Blaize and Violet stand either side of the mirror looking at her up and down.

"Something is missing."
Says Blaize, she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Violet looks at her and her gaze falls upon her hair.

"Hair dye."
She says.

"I beg your pardon."
Says Charlotte.

"Hair dye, you need hair dye, how about, red?"
She asks.

Charlotte looks at Blaize and they both shrug.

"Why not."
Charlotte announces, Violet immediately grabs some berries from a nearby tree and crushes them in a bowl.

***

Sam sits in a blue suit their hair is slicked back and people in the village busy about preparing all their things. Ben walks up to them.

"How are you feeling."
He asks as he sits next to them.

"Terrified, excited, nervous, that feeling you get when you ate bad shrimp."
They respond.

"We'll, don't be any of those things, this is going to work."
Ben holds onto Sam's hand and squeezes it.

"I know."
Sam responds, they sit on in silence watching the preparations for battle begin.

***
All of them enter the boats arranged for them at the edge of their realm, a Scorpio soldier holds onto oars and rows them across the ocean that separates the Scorpios from the rest of the world.

Upon arrival at the Scorpio kingdom they all are lined up being once again escorted by the Scorpio soldiers. Arla takes the lead with Ajax and Anya behind her, Sam follows them and Alvaro and Calida are next. Bringing up the rear are Rhea and Terran, and lastly Charlotte. As they enter the hall they see Harriet sat with Michelle and Valorie, the two queens are dressed in matching red suits, their hair tied in a bun at the back of their head. Harriet wears a blood red dress cut of above her knees. Her blond hair is down and frizzy as always. Music fills the air and people dressed in lavish clothing are dancing around.

"Where's Tara?"
Whispers Anya to Ajax who shrugs as a soldier jabs the end of his spear into her side.

The guards begin to announce the arrival of the 9 zodiac representatives as they enter the ball room.

"You majesties, presenting Arla, leader of the Pisces."
She is wearing a Seafoam green dress that hangs below her knees. She has matching trainers and her hair is in its usual two plaits.

"Presenting the twins of Gemini, Anya and Ajax."
The two step forward, Ajax is wearing a grey suit with a yellow tie, Anya is wearing a yellow dress with a grey waist band. They both wear matching yellow trainers.

"Presenting, Sam, leader of the Aquarius."
Sam steps forward assessing the room, a table filled with food is along the right wall, a small orchestra plays a blissful song. Sam's eyes fall to a deep red stain on the long carpet down the centre of the hall.

"Presenting, the leader of the Leo's, Alvaro."
He stands forward and looks around at everyone, his hair is as always hung in loose curtains, he is wearing a white suit with an orange waist coat, he has orange shoes on and a watch around his wrist.