❌X marks the spot❌

Daemon comes to a stop after running through the gates of the Aquarius. He stops before a fountain at the centre of their clan. He laps up the water and lays down, the six friends manage to jump of before being crushed. Charlotte pats his head and rubs his ears.

"Good boy Daemon."
She says before standing up. She looks around at the welcoming villagers who take her best friend of to attend to her wound. Sam runs into the embrace of Ben and Julie who hold her and tear up. Anya is taken by another villager who immediately starts to rub ointment on her arm, Rhea sipping a drink of water as a girl of their age talks to her, whilst Ajax looks around just as Charlotte does. She begins to walk over to Sam.

"Sam, is there a pen and paper I could borrow, I should write to my sister, let her know I'm ok."
Charlotte says. She had left her sister to look after her clan, who had given a weak promise and smirked at the thought of being in charge. Violets mind had straight away went to using the tents they had made and converting them into hammocks that could dangle from the trees. The people, needing more joy in their lives after their home and been destroyed, had quickly agreed to this.

"Yes, there should be some just in there."
Sam points to a building that is Julies humble home.

"Thank you."
Charlotte says before walking over to the building.

She steps inside and shuts the door, the bustle of outside silences almost instantly. She is met with the crackle of a warm fire and the smell of maps and fresh sheets. Charlotte looks around and spots a quill and paper on the desk, she sits down and begins writing.

After completing the letter for her sister she folds it over as the door behind her opens. She slowly looks up to see Ajax stood beside her, his dark hair hangs across his face and he is leaning against the wall looking at Charlotte.

"What are you doing in here, all alone?"
He asks.

Charlotte ties the letter with some string she found on the desk round her letter and walks to a cage with a messenger bird in.

"Writing a letter to my sister."
She says, carefully chirping at the bird to let it know she means no harm.

"You have a sister? You never mentioned that."
Ajax says walking towards her.

"There was never any reason too."
Charlotte says as she attaches the letter to the birds leg and opens the window, the bird flies out and away.

"What did you say to her?"
He asks now stood close behind her.

"I was checking she was ok, letting her know I was, telling her everything that had happened over the past few days, and then telling her where I was and when I will be home."
Charlotte says smiling before pushing past him and leaning up the desk.

"She's all I have left."
Charlotte says, her face aglow with the orange flames.

"By that you mean?"
Asks Ajax standing next to her.

"The Scorpios destroyed my home, killed half of my people, captured the ones who didn't escape including the boy I loved, and they-they."
She pauses and begins to tear up.

"They killed my parents."
She says a tear spilling from her eye.

"Violet is all I have left, besides Blaize of course."
Says Charlotte as a stream of tears silently pores from her eyes.

"This war has taken so much from everyone."
Says Ajax.

Charlotte cries on in the fire.

"The two of you are very brave, battling on even after what has happened."
He smiles at her trying to make her feel better.