🔴The Target🔴

Cali screams with rage as the stone misses the last target.

"COME ON THIS IS JUST STUPID NOW!"
She falls to the floor and hits the dusty ground with her fist. Alvaro laughs.

"This isn't funny Alvaro, everyone is counting on us to retrieve our map and we have let them down."
She throws a hand full of dust at him. He continues to laugh even more and walks to the back of his hoarse.

"What are you doing?"
She says in a fed up tone.

He roots through his bag and pulls out a bow and arrow. He walks up to the edge of the lava and pulls his arm back. He breaths out and releases the arrow. It flies gracefully through the sky and hits the target in the direct centre. The final stone closest to the bank emerges. Alvaro drops his weapon and turns to look at Calida.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?"
She says, a disgusted look on her face.

"After you."
He says pointing to the stones.

Cali gets up and stomps forward towards the stone steps. She carefully makes her way across them as Alvaro puts his bow back in his bag and follows her. They both run up the twisting staircase. They reach the top gasping for breath. On a pedestal illuminated by a golden glow is the map.

"That's it?"
Calida says with a disappointed face.

"You were expecting more?"
Says Alvaro exhausted, he takes it from its place and puts it in its pocket. As it leaves it's pedestal the ground around them begins to shake.

"What did you do!"
Shouts Calida.

"I don't know, just run!"
He says jumping for the staircase.

They both sprint as fast as they can down the tower, it shakes and they fall over.

"The window!"
Shouts Calida picking herself up and jumping for an open window, Alvaro follows her. Lava and heat rise through the rocks that make the walls. The jump onto the side of the tower which is slowing falling horizontally. The make a mad dash to the spire and look over the edge.

"We have to jump!l"
Shouts Alvaro.

"On three."
Calida bellows above the loud crumbling as the tower ,let's I to the lava.

"ONE!"

"TWO!"

"THREE!"
The two of them jump just as the tower collapses finally. With a final roar of fire, smoke fills the sky behind them. They land dramatically on the ground, they quickly back away from the lava and look back at the tower. Well, where it was. Collapsing to the floor, they pant heavily.

"Let's agree, to never do that again."
Grasps Calida.

Alvaro laughs.

"I don't know. That was pretty fun."
He reaches into his pocket.

"And we have this."
He pulls out the map and waves it in the air, the lava spits as if annoyed with him. He quickly tucks it back in his pocket.

"Now can we get out of here, I need a bath, and food."
Says Calida falling onto the floor.

"I bet the others didn't have lava."
She ends.

"C'mon, let's get home and let the others know."
Says Alvaro who stands and walks to his hoarse. Calida groans and reluctantly follows him.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Which character do you relate to the most?

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — Which character do you relate to the most?