chapter 106 ~ 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

Start from the beginning

      Yoongi wouldn't have lied.

       I felt a twang in my heart and the unfamiliar name that had come across my jumbled thoughts. I'd never met a Yoongi before, but just as quickly as the name appeared, it vanished and I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

       "Yura?" I murmured.

       "What is it, princess?"

       "What were we arguing about?"

       His face fell almost immediately. Yura slowly pulled his hand from my cheek and retracted them to his lap. His tongue swiped over the bottom of his lip in thought before he sucked in an unsteady breath through his grit teeth.

       "You don't remember?"

        I shook my head no and swore I could see a spark of remission lightening his eyes. Yura leaned close, his gaze hardening to that of stone as he lowered his voice to a whisper. "You tripped, Yumin. That's why you're in here."

       "I didn't trip. You hit me and I fell."

       Yura's left eye twitched and he forced his face even closer to mine with something of a snarl working its way from his lips. "So you do remember."

        "Why were we arguing?" I asked again.

        Sticking his hand out, Yura's fingers found their way around my throat and he tugged my forward until our noses nearly squished together. "You thought you were slick. Packing your things in the middle of the night as if I wasn't gonna notice you weren't asleep beside me."

        Something in my brain clicked and I tried to pull away but he had my throat in too tight a grip. I tried to swallow but it felt as though I were suffocating. 

        "I told you that if you tried to leave, I'd hurt you," he continued. "You really thought you could just walk away from me, you little slut?"

       "Yura-" I reached up and pulled his hand from off of my throat, and thankfully he brought it back down to his lap in a tightened fist that turned his knuckles white against the tattoos that decorated his skin.

        "I'm sorry," I fretted, becoming panicked at the thought of being left alone with him once I was discharged from the hospital. Even after three months, he hadn't let go of what I'd done. "I won't try anything again, I promise."

        "You said that the first time," Yura snapped and I visibly recoiled as if I expected a punch instead. "But you've better learned a lesson this time, otherwise the next punishment isn't going to be so nice."

       I nodded in understanding and he got to his feet. Brushing his hands against the front of his pants, Yura told me that he'd check with one of my doctors when I was going to be discharged and plan on notifying them that he'd be spending however many nights with me until then. I watched him leave the room and shut the door behind him and I let all the breath out that had bottled in my lungs. I could still feel the grip he'd had on my throat mere minutes before and I patted about my flesh as if I expected it to burn at the touch.

        I remembered everything. I had been so fed up with Yura and his abuse that I'd tried to leave in the middle of the night and he'd woken up to me gone. How stupid I was? Where did I think I was gonna go? I had money, but not enough to house me and my dog, Nari. I had no friends. Not since I left America nearly three years ago. If it was November this month, that meant that I'd fell unconscious shortly before my 22nd birthday: the fifth year anniversary of my mom's passing. I felt dread course through my veins as I realized that, if I had left Yura, I would've had no one but my dog to keep me sane, and her love and affection could only get me so far.