"Math." He croaked

"Oh, right." She watched over his shoulder, but it was obvious that it hadn't really clicked in her head.

'We can do this if your voice hurts?'

'Thanks, but I'm good.' He pushed her mental reach back a little, he always felt the need to minimize mental intrusions of any kind. 'I thought Conner usually did your math for you?'

'uh, yeah. But he doesn't want to go to school anymore so he doesn't want to.'

Oh great. He should check on Conner too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope you aren't busy..."

"I am busy, what is it?" Bruce growled over the line.

"I'm trying to send Robin home, he's not well today."

"Dick? He's fine."

 She allowed herself an eyeroll. "He's running a fever."

"That's crazy, Dick's never had a fever."

"Huh." She lowered the phone for a second and directed her focus to a spot on the wall, trying not to change her tone of voice at all. "Well, it is possible to experience a physical malady you've never had, otherwise there wouldn't be any viruses or injury or illnesses." 

Okay, she acknowledged that was a bit much on her part.

"I would know if he was sick, I wouldn't let him leave the house if he was sick. I'm busy."

As the other line beeped and went dead, she lowered the phone slowly. She always told Conner to use breathing exercises and redirect his frustration, but it was so much easier to say than to do. She always told him; in for four, hold for five, out for six, but the amount that she'd rather throw her phone was unfathomable. 

Why did she have to work with such idiots?

"World's greatest detective." She snorted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"M'gann says you don't wanna  do school anymore?" He nearly gagged on his lozenge and redirected it out of his throat.

"What's wrong with you?" Conner asked.

"Sore throat."

Conner looked him over, as if expecting to see buboes on his skin. "Why?"

Dick almost chuckled, but it was too painful. "It's not contagious, big guy." He let out a few coughs that had been building up. "What's up with school?"

"I don't like it."

"Why?"

"I don't."

"What don't you like?" He winced at the stabbing in his throat.

"I know everything and I don't like the people and I have to be there all day and it's loud."

Dick nodded, those were valid reasons. "But you have to go."

"Why? If they're making me a fake ID just make a fake Diploma!"

Dick couldn't even argue with that point right now, trying to process any of this just made his temples throb. "Okay! No more school!" He threw his hands up in defeat.

Conner stared at him a few more seconds, assessing. "Sore throat is a symptom of pneumonia."

"Thanks, Conner."