REGRETS

It was midnight and I was almost done. I barely could keep my eyes open. I was awfully drowsy by now. I should have let Calvin pick me up. But that would have been selfish on my part. He was up early due to his morning meeting and then if he had to pick me up he would have to come all the way at this time. He needs rest too. So I better book a cab or actually call Emma. Because I my too tired to walk right now.

I tried calling Emma but she didn’t pick up. So I left her a message saying that I was running home late as I had to work overtime. After that I asked a girl who I talked to few times on how she’s going. She told me she was walking back as there was no cab available from here. Oh no! That means I’ll have to walk too. I didn’t wanna walk alone so I asked her if we can go together. Willa was thrilled with idea since she was herself scared walking home alone. It worked out well.

We were few blocks away from home now. Willa’s apartment was just a block away from me, thankfully. We chatted while on the way. She was from Italian origin, so she told me a lot about the culture. Which was new for me. Since I was a Canadian.

As we were walking down the street, out of nowhere two drunk guys called us from behind.

“Hey sluts. Wanna join us?” One of them said. I was so scared that all I wanted to do was run with willa and I was ready to until,

“No, you bonkers.” Willa said to the drunkards.

Oh we’re so fucked.

“What are you doing,Willa? Let’s not fight them at this point. I know we can but let’s not. They are boozed up.” I whispered to Willa as fast I could.

“I think you’re right. They would go to any lengths. Let’s run now.” Willa exclaimed.

But before we could they held us while trying to steal our stuff. They were constantly asking for cash. And honestly I didn’t even had a penny on me. I used to keep my cards with me but since the day phone wallets are a thing I don’t even keep the cards. And what am I supposed to do now?

We were fighting to free ourselves and shouting for help getting louder every second. I was courageous than being scared this time. I had no idea how I was this strong. So I bit the druggie’s hand which was around my neck trying to get a hold me. I bit it too strong that he was screaming now. In the mean time I took out pepper spray from my bag and sprayed on to the one holding Willa and then sprayed the one I bit.

We both pelted as fast we could. We slowed down when we were few blocks away from there.

“Phew, that was scary. But so brave of you Sophia.”

“I know. Even I am trying to process it. But I’m glad I did something.”

This time I stood for myself. I didn’t just stand there helpless. I owed this to me.

We reached Willa’s apartment. She asked me to come in but it was already late and I wanted to get some sleep. So I told her that some other day. Saying that I walked towards my home.

I reached in just a few mins, opened my apartment and straight off went to my bedroom. I was high on sleep. I changed in to some comfy clothes and dropped on my bed.

CALVIN’S POV

I was still sore from the gym last night but I had to wake up from the bed because I had an early morning meeting which I didn’t know of before. My assistant had messaged me last night. Mornings are so boring without Sophia. Nights too. I wish I can be with Sophia every day.I want her here every time of day and night.

I was drinking my coffee while reading some deal papers that we had to settle in this meeting. I took my car and sent Liam in another car to pick up Sophia. I also asked Liam to pick up flowers on the way for Sophia. I had ordered the bouquet on call for Soph’s fav ones Tulips.

The rest of the day was hectic and I didn’t have much time to talk to Sophia. Then I need to make time. For her. This is not how it’s gonna work. So. I texted her. She might ne in her classes.

I had an evening meeting which carried on for way longer than expected. I got back to my desk and checked for any messages. There was a voicemail from Sophia saying that she was working overtime. I had plans for us tonight and this was the worse that could happen. We haven’t seen each other in a day. This is pure torture. I called her just after listening to her message. I wanted to know why these stupid people are making her work overtime.

“Hey babe. What happened?” I asked.

“Don’t ask Calvin. I’m so angry right now. Some body from the office lost the article that was supposed to published so now we have to write a whole new one and besides that edit it also.”

“Hope they are paying you for this extra time.” I was so upset. About not seeing her but more than that she was working so hard.”

“Yeah. They are. Nobody would have done that without that extra pay.” Soph said.

“You would have. Not everybody’s nice like you.”

“Calvin, you think of me a little more highly than actually I am.”

“I don’t know about that.” I said.

“And hey tell me when should I pick you up?” I asked her.

“Emma will pick me up.” She replied after some time. I was okay with the idea because I know how much Emma is protective about her.

“Okay.” I replied.

With that I cut the call and drove back home.I thought of calling Michele. As it’s been long that we hung out together. And also there’s a football match between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Sophia doesn’t let me watch she always into rom coms. So it was a great opportunity.

“Michele, what’s up dude?” I called him.

“Nothing much. Just chilling.”

“Come over. Let’s drink some beer for Barcelona.”

“I know man I’d love to. But Emma’s here. So can’t. Let’s plan it some other day.” My heart plummeted to the ground. Sophia lied to me.

“Emma? She’s gonna stay the night here or gonna go back.” Trying to hide the anger in my voice.

“She’s gonna stay the night. She just came now from work. I’ll drive her back tomorrow.”

“Oh.” And with that I cut the call.

Where is she then? She told me Emma would pick her up. But Emma’s with Michele. Is she with someone?And that’s why she lied to me. My Sophia would never do that. But she did. It’s not a fucking dreamland.

After all this time. She lied to me. She fucking lied to me. This is what happens when you give someone your fucking heart. It’s all my mistake. I shouldn’t have let come that close to me. The closest ones hurt you the most. Insecurities are true.

Hey there. Calvin just got to know that Sophia lied to her. But Calvin doesn’t know why. What do you guys think? What will Calvin do next? He’s hurt. Will he let Sophia explain herself? To find that out stay tuned for our next chapters. And please like share and comment❤️