11; Painfully different

Começar do início

So as they pass through the Aphrodite area, Thea spots someone that catches her off guard. A short, black haired girl, which she immediately recognizes as the outsider thanks to her sharp eye. Her expression goes cold. She stops for a moment, and the girls behind her stop as well, confused. They are walking along a narrow street, so as they try to look behind Thea to see why she stopped, only three of them manage to spot the outsider.

Thea is quite angry. She distinctly remembers what she said that day, when the outsider was brought to their meeting.

"Temple of Athena in favor, with the condition that she is guarded and stays within those walls, unless brought somewhere"

Yes, that was her only condition to allow Ariadne to keep the outsider inside her temple. She only asked for one f*cking thing. And yet look at that, the outsider, standing all alone, in the middle of one of the many narrow streets inside the city. She squints to see better, noticing that the shorter girl looks quite lost and confused. Perhaps she is trying to escape, or then she has mistakenly gotten out. Either way Thea doesn't blame her, it's impossible, she can't understand her, no she blames Ariadne. For all she knows that vixen planned this to make her mad, so she'll come f*ck her later. And as far as Thea knows, she'll probably fall for it too, tonight. The leader facepalms and groans.

"Wait here"

Her order is short and simple, but harsh like always. It sends shivers down the girls spines, as they notice that their leader sounds angry. Angrier than usual at least. They stay standing there, as Thea walks forwards and reaches Irene in no time. The girl in question hasn't even noticed the leaders presence yet, looking the other way. So she startles and flinches quite harshly when Thea taps her shoulder, maybe a bit more aggressively than she should've.

Irene's eyes widen when she spots Thea. But after what she has seen in the morning, she can't help but think sinful things the moment her mind recognizes the leader. The moment she sees her big build and intimidating expression. But she also grows scared, like really scared, and cowers down. Too scared to look her in the eye, but too scared to run away as well, practically frozen still. Thea rolls her eyes, but she too sees the sudden appeal in the shorter girl. She looks so innocent, so lost. The leader licks her lips.

"Why are you out here?"

Her words are mumbled rather than loud and commanding, because she knows that the outsider can't understand a single sound that leaves her lips. She grabs the girl's arm and pulls her a little closer, almost smiling at the small, scared sound that comes out of Irene's mouth. Of course, Thea's grip is strong, and she can't even feel whether or not Irene is fighting back. But that's none of her concern at the moment. She starts pulling the shorter girl towards the rest.

"Let's get you back where you belong"

In fact, Irene is actually fighting back against the taller's grip. But after several seconds of no reaction from Thea, Irene ends up giving in. The other women standing further along the road look at the outsider curiously. They recognize the rule that Thea gave out, stating that the outsider must be kept inside Aphrodites temple walls. They also can't help but wonder why she is here, without a chaperone. But it's not their place to ask, especially since Thea is just about to explain it to them.

"Let's take a short stop at Aphrodites temple before we head back, I think they have someone special missing from their worship"

The rest understand quickly and follow the leader without a word. Irene ends up being more scared of the new girls behind her than the taller girl that she has seen before, so she walks closer to Thea and tries to ignore the rest. She guesses that Thea is bringing her back to the temple, but of course she could be wrong. Whatever she does, Irene probably won't like it. She sighs quietly. All she wanted was to run away and continue searching for Isaac, or maybe she just wanted to get away from that stupid worship festival. But whatever, she'll just have to endure everything all over again. Irene frowns, which doesn't go unnoticed by the leader of Athena's temple.