T W E N T Y T H R E E

Start from the beginning

I abandoned him outside on his own. When I entered, I noticed Rubi, Spooky, and Miguel sitting on the couch, watching soccer. Because they were so hyped, Spooky's and Miguel's country must be playing. When Spooky saw me, he leapt to his feet and hugged me.

"Wassup, sister-in-law. I've been missing your crazy ass. Manny must have been keeping you busy. However, I see you helped our homie escaped." While sipping a bottle of Colt 45, he said.

I moved my arm away from him. "Yeah. I, too, missed your obnoxious ass. Manny punk ass kept me occupied every day. And I hope you don't have another friend who wants to break out of prison because I'm not going to help."

He burst out laughing. "Man, you know you're going to do anything Manny says, so stop it. Come sit with us on the couch and watch some soccer. I might not stay in here too long to watch them play though because your sister and I have some business to take care of after this." He winked at me after he finished that last sentence.

I shoved him away from me. "First and foremost, fuck Manny; second, I don't want to watch soccer with you; third, that's just disgusting; fourth, Rubi, I thought you were going to bed?"

Rubi shifted her gaze to me. "Girl, that shit went out the window when I saw my man sitting on the couch. Join us in watching soccer. It appeals to me."

When she said "my man," I looked at Spooky, and he smiled. I rolled my eyes at her and Spooky.

I raised my middle finger to Rubi. "Fuck you, girl. You don't even know the first thing about soccer. For God's sake, you don't even know anything about basketball."

She sucked her teeth and motioned me away. "That's why I'm watching the damn game."

I rolled my eyes and waved her off as well. Manny was standing at the door when I heard it open. I moved away from Spooky and walked upstairs because I didn't want to be around Manny. I entered my room and decided to take a quick shower because I didn't want to lie in my bed knowing I was outside. I entered the bathroom and stripped naked. I jumped in the shower for about 10 minutes and then got out.

I went through my usual routine with my teeth and face. I found some panties and a bra and put them on after I dried off. Then I started looking for a cute outfit to wear to bed. I've already told you not to judge me because I like to go to bed looking cute. It didn't take long for me to find an outfit to sleep in.

I was about to fall asleep when I realized I should try to make up for my missed school assignments because I know if I don't, my career will be gone and my mother will be furious

I was about to fall asleep when I realized I should try to make up for my missed school assignments because I know if I don't, my career will be gone and my mother will be furious. I sat down on the bed with my laptop. I logged in and began working on my school work. Because I work quicker when listening to music, I grabbed my speaker and started playing Like That by Ann Marie.