chapter 6 : safe in his arms

Start from the beginning

"you and rindou would make such an amazing couple!" sanzu's wife was smiling from ear to ear while ran's girlfriend kept nodding her head in agreement.

"i'm not his type and all we did is tease each other. rindou can find someone better.."

"if you know something about my past and rindou. that's nothing, the past doesn't matter anymore and let's stay focus on the present."

sanzu's wife held my hand, i felt relieved by her words since i tend to stay locked up in the past. our conversation was interrupted when a man came up to us.

"i've been staring at you since you arrived here, can i have your number?"

i stayed silent not paying attention to the stranger since i thought he's asking the two women beside me but it was actually me that he's talking to.

"m-my number?" i turned around and i didn't expect to see a handsome man. well, rindou is more handsome but he passed the standard!

he extended his phone wanting me to type my number. my hand was about to take the phone from him but someone held my wrist and to my surprise it was rindou.

i thought he didn't care about me? he was busy focused on someone else. wait a minute, who am i to complain?

"she's my girlfriend." rindou said in a deep voice and with a serious expression on his face.

"oh really?" the man asked but i shake my head in disappointment.

"he's not my boyfriend." i casually removed rindou's grip from my wrist before standing up and typed my number on the strangers phone.

to be honest, i don't like giving my number to strangers but i just want to see rindou's reaction and so far i'm satisfied.

"oho.. this is fun!" i can hear ran and sanzu laughing behind us while watching.

"get ready when we get home." rindou whispered behind me as he poked the side of my waist making me laugh.

"and? what would you do?" i signaled the man to leave and he followed. facing rindou, i crossed my arms on my chest while the others were leaving the two of us.

i don't like getting into fights since i have a brutal mouth that won't stop talking if i get mad. rindou's expression was blank, i don't understand what he wants from me.

"i'll kill that man with my hands if he text you." i scoffed, is he jealous? why would he be jealous? we don't have that kind of relationship.

"okay then, let's see who's faster your hands or my mouth." i turned around but before walking outside rindou pinned me down the table.

"i'm serious." my face started to heat up but from anger. what is he gonna do? kill me?

my eyes became blurry and it was late when i realized i was crying. i felt stupid, crying over a man who's still in love with another woman.

"rindou, let me go.." he did what i just said, both of us stayed quiet while i cry my eyes out. i feel so stupid and i'm embarrassed.

"i don't understand.. you kissed my lips the first time we met. then the next day you pretend to not know me, you flirted with me again, then the following days you treat me like a stranger or a friend. what is it that you want?"

my voice was like a whisper as it started to rain, it's a good thing that it was just the two of us in the place. why do i have to fall in love with a man who's heart still beats for another woman?

"i just want to be love.." the sadness in his voice was evident. i couldn't see his face anymore but i know he's crying.

"i'm not h-her.." my voice trembled, he's using me to fill the emptiness his feeling.