Bloom

...

It was just an average day in the Todoroki household...

the average day being screams and fights, crying without end...
Everyone who lived there absolutely hated it.

The sun was out shining, clouds weren't anywhere in sight to cloak the blue sky. However, despite how beautiful the weather looked, it was frigid outside.
bone chillingly cold...

Midoriya was walking around the house, he had an hour until he had to train. He only knew this because he memorized Endeavor's sleep schedule.
the todoroki siblings were also awake, natsu and fuyumi were hanging out in the living room while Toya was with midoriya.
shoto wasn't anywhere to be seen.
suddenly...

sobbing and childlike screams could be heard from the kitchen. Toya and Midoriya quickly ran to where they found...
Rei Todoroki, their mother...
pouring scalding hot water on shoto. while midoriya hated endeavor, he didn't hate anyone else in the household. He had actually grown to befriend shoto
Midoriya panicked as his quirk activated on its own, the water that was being forcefully poured onto shoto's face froze onto the pot.

Rei paused as she snapped to her senses, she panicked as she grabbed shoto and immediately activated her quirk on his face.

"SHOTO!?" Midoriya and Toya both shouted at once as they ran up to him.
Rei removed her hand to reveal... an ice burn, right on his face. endeavor ran into the scene to see what had happened to his masterpiece of a son.
rage fueled him as he walked up to his wife and swung his arm at her. she fell to the ground, knocked out.
Toya ran up to his mom, "moma!?" he said in panic as he shook her in an attempt to wake her up.
endeavor grabbed a wet cloth and wrapped it around shoto's freshly burned face. He walked back over to Rei and dragged her out forcefully.
Toya ran after her as he watched endeavor shove her into a car and drive away.

tears streamed down the young highschooler's face, he was just a freshman. he had turned 14 just a couple months ago... midoriya ran up to him, he didn't know what to do for his friend. "Are you okay...?"

"no...
no, no, I'm not okay... HE JUST KNOCKED OUT MOM AND PROBABLY RAN AWAY TO KILL HER!?
AND MOM BURNED SHOTO'S FACE?! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS LIFE, EVERY SINGLE DAY THERE'S SOMETHING NEW!
A FIGHT BETWEEN THE BOTH OF THEM AND WE ALWAYS SOMEHOW GET INVOLVED?!

...

I'm sorry...
I shouldn't have had an outburst like that in front of you...
I'm just sick and tired of this hero society...
if heroes didn't exist i wouldn't have such a bad life...
you wouldn't have such a bad life...
hell, no one would have a bad life..." Toya screamed, his flames were acting up. it burned him some more but he didn't care...
his flames got so strong that...

They turned blue.

Midoriya started to shake in place, it was freezing outside and he had run without a second thought...
tears started to stream down his red face, it froze before it could even hit the ground...

"run inside, you're going to get sick!" Toya exclaimed.
He ran up to midoriya and dragged him inside.
shoto stood right outside the kitchen, leaning against the wall as he cried to himself.

Midoriya walked up to him as Toya stormed off.

"Are you okay...?" Midoriya asked. Shoto was sobbing hard. "n-no"

"do y-"

"I'm sorry, please don't talk to me right now..."

Midoriya nodded his head understandingly as he walked away.
He looked for Toya but... couldn't find him.
He searched all around the house but couldn't find him...
Midoriya quickly grabbed a coat and some shoes and ran into the forest. He ran through the frozen barren land, hardly avoiding slips and slides as he made it to his and Toya's hang out spot. it was all burned, the trees around were all ash as well as the ground.
Midoriya found a single note on a gray rock.
He picked it up and read it aloud.