Part 19

Akashi pov 

Chills ran up and down my spine while my eyes glanced side to side. I was now entering the building where the wedding will be held. Iwaizumi loomed over me, scanning the area for anyone familiar.

"It hasn't started yet. People are just mingling." Kenma noted out loud. The bleached blonde cringed from the thought, and so did I. Even though my comfort zone has expanded, small talk isn't something I have mastered.

Iwaizumi walked in front of me and Kenma, "come on you two. I know some people that are easy for you to handle." The older man gestured for us to follow him, bringing us to one of the corners of the room. There stood familiar light hair and a cocky smile.

"Konoha." Iwaizumi greeted with a smile. Konoha whipped his head around and blinked a few times, "oh its you! Hey Iwaizumi, I see your hair hasn't changed." Konoha gave a small smile to me and Kenma before looking back at Iwaizumi.

"So, how's the mistress?" The light-haired man nudged at Iwaizumi's side. A teasing grin laying over his lips. "I don't know, how's yours?" Iwaizumi scoffed.

I watched both males have a slight stare down before breaking into laughter. "He's good, but he'll be a few minutes late." Konoha informed before turning to the table behind him. His thin fingers latched onto a mini sandwich.

"Who made the food?" Kenma asked from behind me. The blonde walked closer to Konoha and smelled the appetizers. "Ai and Meg." Konoha answered with a blissful smile.

Kenma and I grabbed a sandwich. Both of us looked at one another before taking a bite simultaneously. Tears filled my eyes from the heavenly taste, "so good." Me and Kenma moaned.

Kenma smiled and took another bite of the food, "I forgot how good they cook! I swear, all Bokuto have some special cooking power."

I nodded in agreement before grabbing another mini sandwich. "I wouldn't fill up if I were you." Iwaizumi started.

Konoha waved his finger in the air, "the best is yet to come. Rumor is Mrs. Bokuto made the cake herself."

My eyes widen, "your telling me Kou's mom is here?" I'm so stupid, of course she's here! It's her eldest's wedding day. I wonder if she remembers me... I used to see Kou's mother a lot.

Knowing how Kou's family is, I bet she does.

"Yep. So don't fill up, her cooking is to die for." Iwaizumi hummed. After a couple more minutes of small talk, the ceremony began.

I glanced around the rows of chairs to find a spot when I saw Oikawa in the front. Without hesitation, me and the others trotted towards the planner.

The pretty boy turned his head from the approaching footsteps, "ah their you guys are! Come sit, sit." Oikawa patted the seats beside him.

Iwaizumi took a seat next to Oikawa, as well as Kenma. I stared at the chair, "are you sure? I'm not that close with the family, there are more important-"

"Nonsense." Iwaizumi interjected in the bluntest way. The spikey-haired man trailed his fingers through his locks, "you should know this by now. You're very important to this... to our family."

It might have been the gentle atmosphere, or the way Iwaizumi stated his words. As if it was an obvious fact. But my eyes started to water. Oikawa flinched from the tear running down my face, "oh no no! You can't cry yet! Sit, sit damn it!"