Part 6

While eating lunch, me and Bokuto's normal chatter started up again. Bokuto blabbed about the people he cared about, bringing out new names I have not heard of. "Who is Kenma?" I asked while packing up our left-over food in a takeout box.

Bokuto's grin grew from the question, I could tell he took pride in his friends. I wonder if Bokuto ever rants about me to other people. Maybe Kuro has heard of me.

"Kenma is another one of my close friends, I met him through Kuro. He is very quiet and snippy. He can be fun though trust me! We both team up and mess with Kuro sometimes." Bokuto stated as he stood up from his seat. He took my takeout boxes and stuffed them in a bag, "I can take these. Let's walk around the park!"

"Ok, don't swing the food around though Bokuto." For some reason, Bokuto frowned from my words. "Did I say something wrong?" I questioned with a raised brow.

The gray-haired man only shook his head before walking out of the café. That's strange, I don't think I said anything insulting.

I sighed and followed Bokuto out the door. We both began walking towards the park at the end of the street. The skies were clear with only a light breeze whistling through the city. I looked over to Bokuto, but the volleyball player was still frowning.

I didn't know whether to question it or not, so I tried to change the subject. "The weather looks nice." Really? The weather looks nice? That is the best I could come up with? What great social skills I have.

"You know, I have never been this far down the street. I am not very familiar with the area since I lived a few towns over. Do you and Kuro come here?" I thought mentioning the best friend would ease the conversation along. Luckily, it did.

"Yeah, me and Kuro love this place! As kids we also lived a few towns over, but both of our colleges are the same distance away from our apartment. Just in different directions. When we were first years, we tried to explore as many places as we could. The Park was one of our main spots." Bokuto said with a small smile.

His smile made a calming sensation wash over my body. "Have you came here with Kenma?"

Bokuto nodded, "yep! I have came here with him, Kuro, Oikawa and Iwaizumi. But you don't know Oikawa and Iwaizumi. Actually..." Bokuto stopped walking and stood still. He rubbed his chin and scrunched his brows together.

"You've never met Kuro either..." I nodded as Bokuto continued to speak his thought process. "Do you want to?" Bokuto asked, his eyes trailing to mine.

In all honesty, I wanted to say no. Hanging out with more people might cause me anxiety. But at the same time, I doubt Bokuto would ever let me feel uncomfortable. "I'm ok with that."

Bokuto struggled not to jump for joy, "this is great!"

"I am glad you are happy, Bokuto."

Bokuto looked at me, then the ground. "Hey Akashi...?" I hummed at the change in atmosphere. Bokuto kept his eyes on the floor, his hands folding behind his back. It was weird, for the second time in the past hour Bokuto got quiet. Did I somehow insult him?

"Yes, Bokuto?" The gray-haired man shifted uncomfortably before speaking again. This time he did look at me. Golden eyes shimmered as they graced mine, "could... could you call me Kou?" Bokuto almost shouted with glowing cheeks.

I blinked, I blinked again, then again. "Wh-what?!" My shout echoed across the crowded park, no doubt drawing everyone's attention. Bokuto bit his lip from my loud tone. More heat packed into his face, "I want you to call me Kou."