"Were you going to do this again?" 

Caroline paused for a moment. "I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"Please, Caroline. I want to talk about this." 

Caroline stood up, her cast leg on the floor. It was a touchy subject, and she didn't want to get into a deep and meaningful conversation with Harry, out of all people. "I don't wANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. OKAY?" her temper was short, and she had to find a way to amke a quick recovery. Caroline took a deep breath and continued, her voice shaky ."I apologize. Didn't you say breakfast was ready?" 

********

Breakfast was awfully quiet with Zayn. He didn't say much, and I had to sit across from Harry. The rest of the boys had gone out. 

"I'm going out. i made plans about a week ago to spend the day with my girlfriend. And I can't bail, you know how it is." Zayn finally said, halfway through the good serve of breakfast he had prepared. "I don't care what happened to you yesterday with Louis. I don't even care about your stupid ass." Harry cringed. Caroline, however, did not. "So, as it seems that Harold is the only one who is home, it looks as if he's going to be taking care of you, skank." 

Zayn picked his plate up, took it to the sink and dropped it, before continuing with his speech. "I want the bedrooms tidy, loungeroom's dusted. Toilet, scrubbed. And I don't want to hear any excuses, I want them all done. If they're not, you'll have the whole lot of us to answer to. You understand that completely? Good, because I'm not going to fucking repeat myself." 

Caroline nodded, her mouth full of toast and scrambled eggs to talk. She understood. Make sure the already clean house was spotless before he comes home - probably in the last afternnon, maybe even after dinner if she was lucky. 

And with that, Zayn made sure his clothing and hair style was on point in the hallway mirror, as you do before you leave, and he left. 

Caroline stood up, took her plate to the sink and piled up the dishes. She was still too tired to even consider cleaning up right now. Caroline limped her way into the loungeroom, propping herself onto the soft couch. 

Harry followed soon after, taking a spot right next to her. If it wasn't clear enough, it was right next to Caroline. Their thighs were touching, their shoulder blades were practically smothered together adn there wasn't any breathing space. Harry was almost sitting on top of Caroline. However, due to Harry's large size and Caroline's extremely tiny one, she was on a tilt slightly, leaning even more into the side of Harry's. 

He turned to her, and had a cheeky smile on his face. Harry nudged Caroline with the top of his arm, attempting to grab her attention. After several taps, Caroline finally caved and turned towards the smug male.

Harry was acting like absolutely nothing had happened. He was staring off at a wall in the almost opposite direction to where Caroline was sitting and almost began whistling to himself.. "What do you want?"

No reply. 

He repeated the action several times more, Caroline turning around each nudge. Caroline herself had grown a smile onto her face and each time she would in return add a playful whine of "stooooop."; he was being playful and nice, and it was nice - finally having someone to talk to.

After a couple of minutes of complete silence, Harry turned to her, looked her straight in the eyes. Caroline mimicked his reactions - they both were now facing each other and staring directily into one another's eyes. 

"So." Harry whispered, leaning forward until their already close faces were now almost nose touching. 

-----------------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

*** if you've expressed any of these feelings or taken any of these actions, such as self harming and contemplating such a thing, please, pretty please, talk to someone! Whether it be me, a close friend, a relative, counsellor. Or even anonymously. Please, seek help. It gets better, I promise.

I know this is probably a really short update, and I apologize. I am also extremely sorry for not updating in so long. So what I've done is I've made this chapter a Part A and a Part B - and left it on a cliffhanger, if you will. 

I have also excluded Zayn in this chapter. And we've sort of brushed away from Niall. But will he still be in with a chance?????? Or will Harry be the night in shining armour? Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will Caroline have enough of both of their crap and end up with neither - being the independant woman and finally finding her true happiness????

Now, with every update comes the following: 

- Please, VOTE and COMMENT. 

        => today I am asking: ship names? What do you think might happen next? Who do you want Caroline to end up with? 

- if you like this story, please TELL ME - I cannot read minds!!!!!!!!!, please comment or vote for every chapter. 

- follow me on wattpad, i love you all!!

THANK YOU FOR READING.