34. Reversal

Mulai dari awal

But one thing was sure, he could see his team members' jaws in dropped stance as his eyes glistened pearl white before he hovered over the bridge and landed safely to his feet along with them.

Thud.

A huge twister of dust swirled in the air as the bridge which just stayed had now collapsed into nullity, slicing the way to the other side. 

That was it. There was no turning back for the nine of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"How the hell can it happen?!" Hoseok was picking out his already disheveled hair as he felt that his brain was about to explode after the perplexing scene played in his head in a loop. 

They were still in a processing state and couldn't muster up the courage to jump into a terminating state. 

"What are you trying to say is, the time got reversed?!" Taehyung's eyeballs nearly hollowed out their cavities as he deciphered Namjoon's words.

"WHAT?!" The other seven howls came in concert. 

"What?"

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Think about it..." Namjoon trailed off, his index finger tapped on his jaw.

"None of us really got a chance to use our powers, no one is here except us, how else could it be possible?" 

Yoongi tried to say something but nothing with the exception of empty breath escaped from his mouth as every piece of the puzzle was now seeming to be fit into their right spots. 

A silence. A defeating silence brimmed the air as no one said anything.

All of them had long lost their faith in anything and decided to go with the flow, where their destiny will tag them along. This time too, they were left with no alternative but to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As the view gradually came into their vision after walking to some distance, there were multiple towers that stood in their way.

The thick misty sand shifted under the pressure of their shoes as it took a moment for them to realize that they weren't any simple towers but, Clock Towers.

"Wow!" An astonishment was laced in Moon's voice who was standing next to an equally stunned Bee.  

The beige mighty-looking towers grew from the ground as albino plants reaching for the calm canvas of the sky above, awaiting the sunny rays to kiss them green. The lightly painted concrete structures consisted of supercircular clocks right at the middle. The clocks were antiques, that old deep wood, and classic curvy shape, the golden pendulum making their steady ways to-and-fro, the most ornate timepiece they ever laid eyes on. It was something that would take a craftsman's skill to be made.

It seemed as if a beautiful dancer spends all of her life stuck at the top of these clock towers. She spins on her toes incessantly in order for the clocks to work.

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

They could clearly hear the antique clocks when all else was still. It was the only kind of tock and tick that relaxes those hearts.

There was a magic in the eerie quiet as if the entire macrocosm was casting a new spell upon their souls.

Soon the tick-tocks of clocks were ringing like some mellifluent melodies to their ears.

Don't let it consume you!

The pleading voices of their own souls faded. Instead, the only sound they could hear was a soft melody, a song of an oh-so-beautiful voice. 

Nine frozen bodies just stood there and listened to the pleasant music that occupied their senses. They felt goosebumps dot on their skin as they were consumed by the feeling of euphoria. 

The corneas of their eyes were now glazed with a pitch-black color before they fell into a deep illusion. 

Author's Note:

How was it? Do tell me with your comments and votes.

Also, just a random question, what is your favorite chapter till now?

Have a great day ahead! Take care and stay safe~

Purple you 💜💜💜