122

champagne problems

#122

• • •

• • •

Light Me Up by Ingrid Michaelson

• • •

"Isinulat ko na rin sa reseta 'yung mga vitamins na recommended for you to take."

"Thank you, Doktora Jhing." Tokyo thanked the doctor after finishing her prenatal checkup. Ngumiti naman ito sa kanya.

"You're welcome, Atty. Takahashi." She replied, still smiling. After all those years, ngayon niya lang ito nakita sa personal.

"Mommy!"

They were suddenly interrupted when a male kid barged in the clinic. Kasunod naman nito ay isang pamilyar na lalake. The man was wearing a white lab coat and around his neck was a stethoscope. Tokyo just stared at the man and the man did the same to her.

"Aziel," the kid went to Dra. Jhing and immediately hugged her. "Are you hungry?"

The kid nodded. "No but I saw a food stall outside the hospital and it looked delicious, My!"

Dra. Jhing laughed. "Sige, sige, lalabas tayo." She then looked at the man who was with the kid earlie, "Thorn, hon, lalabas muna kami ni Aziel, iiwan muna kita."

Tokyo noticed Jhing nodded at her and smiled. A few seconds later, she was left alone with Thorn, her only ex. At matagal na panahon na rin ang huling pagkikita nilang dalawa.

Somehow, she was confused at why his wife left them alone together.

"You're finally pregnant?" Thorn who seemed to look more matured now started.

"Yes." She answered shortly. For sure, they weren't even friends.

Naupo naman ito katabi niya sa receiving couch para sa mga pasyente. "Jhing told me sa clinic ka raw niya nagpaschedule ng checkup."

She didn't look at him. "I didn't expect your wife would be my doctor too."

"Are you married?"

It was this second she finally turned her head to look at him. Thorn was already looking at her too. She sighed.

"Not yet—but we're engaged," she showed him the ring that Reagan gave to her in Japan. "Last year pa."