115

champagne problems

#115

• • •

Crazy for you by Madonna

• • •

"Baby?" Reagan knocked the door, calling Tokyo inside. Last night, nagpaalam ito na bibigyan siya nito ng surprise birthday dinner sa bahay niya. Tokyo already had the spare key of his house so she was welcome to come to his place anytime she wants. His girlfriend even instructed her not to eat a lot during his birthday because they're going to have a dinner at his house.

"Baby bear?" He called her again. He already took off the coat he usually wore at work, his left hand was holding it as well as his briefcase. Kanina, the law firm also suprised him with a lunch birthday party as well as the USC School of Law faculty gave him a suprise birthday cake. Even some of his clients gave him some birthday presents.

But he's more looking forward to his girlfriend's surprise birthday dinner.

"Ms. Takahashi?" He called her using his voice whenever he's calling a student for recits. It was already seven at hindi pa rin siya nito pinagbubuksan ng pinto.

"One minute!" He heard her answering inside. A minute later, pinagbuksan na siya nito ng pinto.

"Hey," he gave her a quick kiss on the lips as greeting.

"Hi, sorry kung natagalan, may inayos lang ako," she reasoned nang makapasok na siya sa loob. Tokyo immediately helped him in taking off his necktie. She also helped him unbuttoning the first three buttons of his white long sleeved polo, loosening it.

"It's okay, what did you do..." his voice trailed off the moment he noticed her clothes. Tokyo was only wearing a rosegold satin bathrobe. He eyed her suspiciously. "Why are you wearing that?"

For a second, he noticed her face getting red, "Uhm, basta! Malalaman mo mamaya. Punta na tayo sa dining room." She held his hand and together, they walked towards the dining area.

Reagan's eyes roamed around the surroundings and smiled. There were some balloons and some decorations, mostly color red, and a set of letters spelled 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ATTORNEY DADDY'. Then on the middle, the dining table was also decorated, there were candles, a vase of flowers, the plates and the other utensils already being displayed. It looked like a romantic dinner.

"Uhm, tinulungan ako ni Britanny sa pagdecorate actually. Ako rin 'yung nagluto, uh, maupo ka na." She gestured him to sit on the opposite side of the table. Sumunod naman siya sa sinabi nito at naupo. He was just smiling the whole time.

Tokyo started serving him the food. She served a full plate of Carbonara first. Then she also poured a wine on his glass.

"Before we eat, may ibibigay din ako sayo," may kinuha itong maliit na box at kaagad ibinigay sa kanya. He opened the box and it was a watch. There was even an engravement inside, R & T, both of the first names' initials.

"Happy Birthday, my love," she said softly. "Thank you for coming into my life. I love you."

"Come here," he instructed her to go to him, tapping his lap.