102

champagne problems
#102

• • •

Kiss me by Cyn (cover)

• • •

The two of them were already at the train station waiting for next train bound for Tokyo. Tokyo just got out from the rest room and was now staring the back of her professor, Atty. Reagan Callahan Omari, waiting for her and for the train patiently. Dala-dala rin nito ang pagkain na binili nila para kay Kyotaro. It was already beyond 8pm when they finished touring Kyoto, Japan. The temperature of the place has now dropped to 3 degrees Celsius. It was a cold night.

She took a deep breath before going back to him. Reagan immediately turned his head at her. "Are you okay?" He asked, eyeing her with worry. "You can have my coat if you're feeling cold."

Umiling siya. She gave him a small smile. "Okay lang ako, Attorney, uhm," inabot niya rito ang isang paperbag. "My Christmas gift. Sorry if ngayon ko lang naibigay sayo. Hindi kasi ako makahanap ng tiyempo. Alam mo naman sina Mama Bear, mas anak pa ata ang turing nila sayo." She joked, trying to ease the emotions she was currently feeling during that time.

Reagan smiled as well and accepted her gift. "Thank you." Binuksan nito ang paperbag at kinuha ang isang libro.

"That's a Lang leav book. She writes good poetry. I know you like reading books so I thought you might try hers too." She explained as he stared at Lang leav's The Universe of Us book. Kinuha rin nito mula sa paper bag ang isang snow globe, it was a miniature of the Fushimi Inari Shrine of Kyoto.

"Another snow globe," she added and Reagan stifled a small laugh.

"It's nice," he commented after staring at the snow globe for a few seconds. Lastly, Reagan took a Calvin Klein box and opened it. Inside was a Calvin Klein necktie. She noticed him smiling even more. "This is already a lot, Ms. Takahashi."

"Well, I owed you a lot, especially for always helping me out in law school," she replied sincerely. "Hindi ko alam kung paano ipapakita sa iyo ang pasasalamat ko, Attorney... so I don't really know if those gifts were enough."

Reagan looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile. "Just pass your classes and graduate law, that would be enough for me."

They were just both staring at each other after. Tokyo bit her lower lip awkwardly as she spoke first, "I have something to show you."

She folded the sleeves of her coat, enough for her to show him the watch she was wearing. The Christmas gift that he gave to her last year, the Calvin Klein watch. "I finally wore it." She said and noticed him staring at the watch she was wearing—realizing that she knew already that his nickname was Riggy all along.

They could already hear that it was already cue that the train bound for Tokyo has finally arrived. The passengers were now starting to enter the bullet train.

Before Reagan could even move, Tokyo tiptoed and kissed him on his right cheek. "Thank you so much, Riggy." She softly uttered. Nauna na siyang naglakad papasok sa loob ng train.

Reagan, on the other hand, froze at what she did. Tokyo just giggled.

"Attorney, maiiwan tayo sa train! Halika na!"

• • •

Rest in Paradise, Attorney Daddy 😹