Chapter 30 [Astronaut In The Ocean]

Beginne am Anfang

"The final boss is probably all the way at the top," commented Y/N, seizing up the impressive size of the tower that stood in front of them.

"Yup."

"Uh-huh."

"Juvia agrees."

"LET'S-A-GOOOOOOO!" 

-BOOM-

Everyone sweatdropped as Natsu charged ahead with an extreme burst of speed, courtesy of his dragon flames. Unsurprisingly, a few sentries showed up to try and stop them. I repeat, try to stop them. That would've proven impossible for cannon fodder with just the OG team, now that Y/N was there... yeah. Suffice to say any opposition the Fairy Tail mages faced was swiftly and easily dispatched before they could call for backup. Now the group was in front of a giant entrance, it's a boss tower, of course, it's going to have a cool and unnecessarily huge door!

"OUT OF MY WAY!"

-SLASH-

A sudden group of unconscious guards landed behind the group, surprising them enough for Lucy to jump into Y/N's arms. An unexpected arrival for sure as one certain red-headed Titania of Fairy Tail made her presence known. Erza was back to wearing her usual armour which looked great on her, best girl.

"Why are you here?!" Erza's yell of confusion ironically confused the squad. 

"I thought you'd be the one to preach about how friends never leave each other behind," replied Y/N taking notice of Erza's very terrified and worried look.

"LEAVE! You don't belong here!" everyone just blinked at Erza's sudden outburst, her behaviour was very uncharacteristic of her, to say the least.

In response Natsu slams his fists together in his usual fashion, sending fiery embers flying across the room, "Don't give us that crap, Erza! Running away after being ridiculed will only tarnish Fairy Tail's name!"

"And they took Happy," idly noted Y/N as Natsu gained a look of realization, did he seriously forget about his best friend in the whole world for a second there?!

"They took Happy?! Huh... Millianna probably has him, she's an absolute cat lover," replied Erza as she looked to the side in contemplation, but before anyone could say anything else Natsu ran out of the room with a loud warcry.

"Well, that's not fair, he got a headstart," childishly complained Y/N as he put his hands behind his head, "Sigh, Erza just... drop the edgy kid act and tell us what's going on. You of all people should know that none of us is leaving, even if we have to go through you."

Y/N noticed that Erza's grip on her swords tightened to the point that the armour on her hands rattled, so he took a worried glance at the Titania only to be, just like everyone else, completely blown away by the sight. Tears rolled down Erza's eyes, much to everyone's surprise. The red-headed woman realised that she was crying only a second later and wiped her eyes clean of tears. 

"I'm sorry..." Erza apologised as she finished wiping her face free of her tears, "I'm going to vanish from this world whether we win this battle or lose it. This is a future I can't fight..."

Y/N lets out a long, exasperated sigh as he starts scratching the side of his head in mild annoyance, "I really hate all this fate and destiny crap people keep spouting about. You can't fight it? Who says you are fighting alone? Why do you think we are here?"

"I... appreciate the sentiment," Erza gave Y/N a strained but genuine smile, but that soon vanished and was replaced by an expression of lament, "But it's not that simple..."