Roommates with a broken heart

Listen to the song if possible.

Annabeth's POV

 "Luke-"

"Annabeth, I swear we can still make this work!"

I sigh, exasperated. "No, Luke, you cheated on me." I hate myself for the tears that were currently flowing down my face.

"I was drunk!" Luke replied, desperate to make me stay.

"Drunk?" I laughed, my voice weary and frustrated. "You cheated on me with Drew for a year. How can somebody be drunk for a year? I'm not stupid Castellan, we're done and it's final" I fidgeted with the strap of my backpack as I glared at my cheater of a boyfriend, Luke.

"Annie, you can't possibly be doing this, you know how much I love you."

Lie. He knows how much I disliked that word when somebody says it without actually meaning it.

Luke gave a final try of winning me over and it wasn't working, we both knew it.

"You said that to your s*x toy Drew too. Do you really expect me to believe you? Goodbye Castellan." I glared at him as walked off the porch and made my way to my car.

So much for the happy memories that I wished to have.

I knew Luke was cheating ever since he got drunk at that party. I was heartbroken when I walked upon Luke and Drew screwing each other. But still, I did not end things with him as the next day he came crawling back apologizing and saying that he was just drunk. After that day, he always came back from work with his neck stained with lipstick and his clothes stained with what I knew as perfume. Sometimes he doesn't even come back after his working hours. And me, being ignorant that he spends the day shagging someone and coming back to me to say he loves me was really driving me to the edge right now as I replayed the scenes in my mind.

I really should've just left him earlier. But now I'm ready for a new start, I told myself, trying to boost my low morale after my talk with Castellan.

I drove all the way to Phoenix with one thought in my mind, Let's restart over. You'd probably get over this after a while. You could probably find a new boyfriend in the meantime. No big deal right?

I arrived at my rented apartment. It was slightly shabby but it felt like home nonetheless. I guess I could really settle down here and live my life peacefully.

"Are you Miss Chase?" An elderly woman questioned, shaking me out of my train of thoughts. "Yes I am. I suppose you're Mrs. Kean?" I said politely. She just smiled and nodded.

"So this is the two rooms, two baths and the kitchen here." Mrs. Kean guided me around the house, smiling at my satisfied face.

"Oh, and I forgot to mention that you have a housemate as you just rented a room." Mrs. Kean spoke with a slight smile. Well, trash my earlier thoughts of living a peaceful life.

I just forced a smile and said, "No problem, I just hope they're not noisy."

"Oh, I think he isn't that noisy. You should be okay." Oh. So I'm living with a guy, not to mention a total stranger. Just great. I just hope he isn't annoying and not to mention, old.

I moved my stuff from my car and into my room. It was quite spacious, and had grey painted on the walls. Bless this woman for having a great sense of color, she chose my favorite color.

It took me quite a while to unpack, arrange my books and belongings and get used to this place without accidentally opening the wrong doors.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang and I went to get it. I opened the door and was greeted with- no, not eyes but a guy holding a tall stack of carton boxes.