𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒: 𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲

ابدأ من البداية

I refused at first, not wanting to actually shoot someone but then Levi reassured me saying that they can heal fast and that the arrows are not made of silver.

I raised the bow in my hands as Fred guided me and pulled back the arrow. Releasing a breath, I let the arrow go.

The arrow seemed to disappear as soon as I let it go. I looked at the three guys standing in front of me with confusion. None of them had an arrow embedded in their chests. Where did it go?

Hans had a flat look on his face and darted his eyes down to my legs gesturing something.

I looked down and there it was. The arrow lay centimetres in front of my feet.

"Oh."

Fred once again fell to the ground, rolling while roaring with laughter.

"Let's try this once again," Levi muttered, picking up the arrow and handing it to me while I bathed in embarrassment, "This time, make sure if the arrow is properly pulled against the string."

I gave a nod and tried again.

The training continued so on with some other weapons until we called it day.

"How much fighting did you learn again before King Alpha brought you here?" Hans appeared behind me while I was taking off my hand bandages, his bulky arms crossed against his chest.

I turned around, facing him, furrowing my eyebrows, "Uh, I don't know. I learned boxing for two and a half years since I was fourteen."

He gave me a skeptical look, observing my face as if trying to find some unspoken words.

We held gazes for a while. To say the gaze we held was pretty intense, he seemed to be weighing me down. I still didn't avert my eyes. He tilted his head, shrugged and walked away.

"What was that about, sweets?" Drake walked towards me, giving me a worried look.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion.

He jerked his head towards Hans, gesturing towards him.

"Oh, him," I said, "I don't know. He wanted to know how much I learned to fight."

"Yeah, but why was there sudden tension?"

"I don't know," I spoke genuinely, glancing at Hans who sat himself on a bleacher.

Why was he looking at me like that?

I shrugged again, going back to my work.

"Man I don't think I wanna attend the ball," Chase said, looking at himself in a pocket mirror. Sydney nodded in agreement.

"They're just Royals," Matt grumbled but looked uncertain himself.

"Exactly," Fred pointed who was doing a few pushups, "They're Royals."

"Last time I saw them, I almost pissed my pants." Warrant spoke.

"Why? What'd they do?" I asked, frowning in curiosity.

Warrant looked at me, "Fought. In the war with those dumb witches."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "So...?"

He gave a slight shudder, "You should have seen the way they fought. They went absolutely crazy!"

"Yeah man, they squeezed out their blood with their bare hands. Like an orange." Chase spoke, "No mercy, at all."

"You've seen them too?" I asked.

"Half of us have," Fred replied, moving to do a set of crunches now, "Half of us didn't even exist during the war."

"Like me." Levi held up a hand.