𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤?

Start from the beginning

"Oui, then you ran here like a sloth."

I gave him a look before inhaling.

"I wanted to ask you about the Royals."

He raised an eyebrow, "The Royals?"

"Yeah, like what kind of people are they? How many are there? What will they say after looking at me?" I let nervousness take over my voice.

Drew sensed it and gave me a calming smile, "Royals are family, chérie. They're only a bit strict and don't like to beat around the bush. They ruled great times and fought fiercely beside King Alpha during the war between werewolves and witches."

"Yeah, Levi told me about that. That the Royals from everywhere had come to help King Alpha."

"Yeah," Drew's smile widened as if it meant more to him than anything else, "it was, in simple words, epic."

"Why is everyone scared of them though?" I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my joggers.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Scared?"

"Yeah, they start shaking as if suddenly they caught a cold."

He thought for a moment before shrugging, "Royals are fierce and vicious people. Wolves ought to show respect even if it's by being scared."

"But you're not fierce or vicious," I pointed. "You're a Royal too right?"

He smiled and nodded, "I am indeed."

"But you're calmer and always dancing like a sunflower."

He easily laughed, "Oh, believe me, chérie, I am not as calm as I look, and I am truly vicious given the chance."

I paused, not knowing how to respond to that.

Taking in my silence, he turned towards me, with a more calming voice, "you have nothing to worry about, Ez. The Royals are coming only to see you. That's all they'll do. They won't harm you if that's what you're afraid of. The ball is just a way of getting together and having a proper welcome party."

I inhaled deeply, "King Alpha said they're gonna declare me queen."

He waved a dismissive hand, "It isn't exactly like that. Everyone is just gonna know that you're the future queen and that King Alpha has accepted you. The crowning queen thing happens later. Probably when you're married."

My eyes widened, "Married?!"

He blinked, "What?"

"I'm gonna get married too?" I yelled.

"Only if you want to." He said immediately, "after the ball if you still don't want to stay here then you can leave as you wish. If King Alpha lets you go and doesn't kidnap you again, that is."

A troubled frown came on my face, "Uh-huh."

Suddenly, the pressure of everything around me started weighing me down. I didn't know how to think anymore. I felt like a grown-up adult having stress issues with everything going out of hand.

How does one deal with this shit?

I called Griselda later and asked her to bring me food but this time, I asked her to bring me the double of what she usually gives me.

Great, now I'm stress-eating.

I couldn't sleep at night too.

The clock showed 1 am and I have been pacing around King Alpha's room. He didn't return yet from wherever he goes to.