Epilogue

Leon Ivanov, former KGB

January 1, 2000

Moscow, USSR

With relief and pride I watch the news on the couch, together with Park. Andropov and President Clinton sign a treaty that firmly ends the nuclear arms race. All nuclear weapons are to be dismantled and destroyed as soon as possible.

"That is our work." Park whispers, and rightfully so. "But no one will know."

"That's alright with me." I respond, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her close. "I'm not cut out for the spotlight anyway."

She giggles. "No. No you are not."

"This is a great day for our nation, our people and indeed the entire world."  Andropov says after signing the document. Indeed it is. Our nation and our allies are getting stronger while the US gets weaker due to political infighting and revolts and protest erupting all over the country. A second civil war might be coming.

After the defeat of Perseus, our team members returned to their separate home countries but we still keep in contact and visit each other. After all, we worked together for 4 years and built a strong bond.

"Mom! Dad! Alexei is being mean again!" yells our eldest daughter, Catherine. I stand up with an annoying sigh and walk over to them.

"What is going on here?" I ask.

"Alexei doesn't want to share his toys!" Catherine complains.

"You don't even like tin soldiers!" he argues.

"Well I can try. Maybe I like it after all." she says, crossing her arms in front of her chest and pouts.

"Alexei, what did I teach you?" I ask him angrily. "What did your teacher and instructors at the pioneer camp teach you?"

"...Be a good comrade." he answers.

"Exactly. So instead of continuing this silly sibling rivalry between you two, you should start talking to each other."

I give them a short speech and make it clear that there will be consequences the next time they fight. "They are just children." Park says when I return. "This is normal."

"I just want them to be good people. You cannot start soon enough." I reply.

"Indeed... I wonder what they will think of us when we tell them?" We had decided that we would tell our children our times as agents of the KGB once they are old enough.

"The truth of course.  We both know how important the truth is. I for one have had enough lies for a lifetime."

Park smiles at me with such affection that it melts my heart. "I love you. Happy new year."

I kiss her and and she responds in kind. "And I love you. So, so much."

THE END

(( I am thinking about writing another book where I will go into the relationship between Park and Leon aka Bell while they work for the KGB. Anyone interested? :D Let me know and I will make it a reality! ))